RIM has just announced the latest version gameplay3d v1.5. Developers can look into the source code of the framework to help them understand the details on how to easily go cross-platform, and how to include the BlackBerry with ease.
- Linux support (tested on Ubuntu 12.04 LTE 64-bit)
- Linux development environment (via CMake or CodeBlock 10 IDE)
- Vehicle physics support (via new PhysicsVehicle and PhysicsVehicleWheel classes)
- Gamepad support for Xbox360, PS3 and Bluetooth® HID controllers on desktops systems.
- Touch gesture support for tap, swipe and pinch.
- Configurable multi-sampling anti-aliasing support.
- New gameplay-tests app for easily learning basic engine features.
- New public community forums directly off the website at www.gameplay3d.org/forums
- File formats documentation for game.config .scene, .material, .animation, .physics, .particle
- Visual Studio Plug-in (beta) support for BlackBerry PlayBook 2.0 and BlackBerry 10.
The ‘next’ branch features for v1.6, v1.7:
- AI path finding with navigation meshes
- Terrain and Water
- Asset Pipeline improvements