- Contact info: save to address book, or directly compose an email or call phone number.
- Calendar Event: add event to calendar.
- URL: open website in browser.
- Email content: compose email
- Phone number: call phone number or add to address book.
- BBM™ pins: invite to BBM™.
- Geo Location: show location on BlackBerry® Maps or navigate to that location using BlackBerry® Maps.
- Plain Text: copy to clipboard.
- SMS: copy to clipboard.
- WiFi: copy SSID or password to clipboard.
In the options menu, the user can choose between 4 scan button colors: yellow (default), green, blue or red. It's also possible to allow Barcode Scanner to directly dial a scanned phone number. In total 10 different barcode formats are recognized: Aztec, Code 39, Code 128, Data Matrix, EAN-8, EAN-13, ITF, QR Code, UPC-A & UPC-E.
The new version of Barcode Scanner is available for free at BlackBerry World and compatible with BlackBerry 10. Barcode Scanner is also compatible with BlackBerry OS 6 & 7.