Wednesday night developers attended the BlackBerry Jam Americas Tweetup where the first ever BlackBerry Developer Community awards were awarded in the following categories. Through the power of social voting (http://hashawards.com/BBDevAwards
) and Twitter, 227 people were nominated and over 2,000 votes were cast for developers, evangelists and contributors that exemplified our community’s creativity and collaborative spirit.
Best Open Source Contribution
- Kyle Fowler (kfow35) - Client Developer for foursquare, fourplay app and blaq for BlackBerry Developer.
Most Helpful Contributor to BlackBerry Developer Forums
- Peter Hansen (@peter9477) - President of Engenuity Corporation, an organization that has had extensive experience developing custom software for industry.
Most Helpful BlackBerry Developer Team Member on Twitter
Must See BlackBerry Developer Evangelist
- Demian Borba (@demianborba) - BlackBerry Developer Evangelist, Professor at UC San Diego, Adobe Community Professional.
Must Read Developer Blog
- pinoybbdev.com - The Philippine BlackBerry Developer Group or pinoyBBdev, formed April 2010, is the only Research In Motion (RIM)-sanctioned developer community in the Philippines. The group aims to provide information about the latest in BlackBerry development, and in BlackBerry and RIM as a whole.
Must Follow Developer on Twitter
- Jerome Carty (@jcarty) - Software Engineer developing BlackBerry® PlayBook and smartphone apps under Kisai Labs, Blaq for PlayBook Dev.
Participants were invited to nominate their favorites in each category in early September. Voting for the awards opened on September 18th once nominees were finalized, people had until September 26 to vote for their favorites via twitter or through an online form.