BlackBerry might be still shaking off a few demons from its last quarterly earnings report, but they are tirelessly working on making BlackBerry 10 the platform to beat as the mobile computing platform of the future. We have seen amazing improvements in the recently leaked 10.2.0.1047 and what could go better with it than a freshly updated version of Facebook for BlackBerry 10.
This latest version adds a multitude of useful updates including the much asked for Facebook chat feature bringing it much closer to feature parity with the app for competing platforms.
From the Inside BlackBerry Blog, the Facebook 10.2.1 for BlackBerry 10 update includes:
- Facebook Chat – Stay up-to-date with your friends using Facebook Chat! See which of your friends are online, start a chat message, send photos in chat messages, and see when your messages are delivered and read. You can also see when a friend is typing a message, search within your chat list to find friends and groups, as well as edit your list of favorite chat friends.
- Facebook Messages - Message details now show when a message is sent.
- Quicker Scrolling in Newsfeed - While in newsfeed, click on the sidebar to scroll to the top of the newsfeed.
- Enhanced Photo Experience – Facebook 10.2.1 provides a new easier way of setting your Profile and Cover Photos. Set your Facebook profile photo or cover photo right from the Camera app, or from within a Facebook photo album.
- Enhanced Page Admin Functions – Page Admin has a new look and feel. As Page Admin, you can post updates, see the number of people talking about a page, view the number of likes a page has as well as see how many people checked in at a venue page.
- A Refreshed Look and Feel to your Pages – Facebook 10.2.1 offers an updated look and feel to your Pages to make navigation and communicating with your social network even easier. You’ll now be able to see how many of your friends have liked a page and how many people in total have liked a page.
Let us know what you think of the updates in the comments below!