Dropbox for BlackBerry has been updated to version 1.0.37. I have to say this ranks in the top 5 most used apps on my BlackBerry as well as my PC. I have found Dropbox an invaluable tool for both business and personal use. I no longer have to carry around thumb drives and worry that I have misplaced them or lost them. With Dropbox I have access to my files where ever I go.
Head on over to Dropbox.com and give it a try, and did I mention that you can sign up and get a FREE 2Gb account? You can also build your storage to have up to 10 Gb.
Here are some the the fixes in the new version:
- saving non-ascii texts results in garbled text
- handling of edge cases when running out of space on sd card and in device memory
- open-edit-upload usecase wasn’t working for devices with encryption enabled
- share link freezes for some users
- open-edit-upload usecase fails for files with non-ascii filenames
- “would you like to allow logging” dialog shouldn’t appear on first launch
- on rotatable devices, in image gallery, the displayed/cached image is smaller than screen size (shouldn’t happen)
- app should ask for permissions in advance on first launch
- app should support multiple third-party app associations for a given file type (e.g multiple pdf viewers)
- music/video stops when screen fades out
- user gets a “not enough room to write file” message when trying to open a file that’s already open in docs2go
If you use Dropbox already, download the upgrade today.