BlackBerryOS.com - Boy Burned As BlackBerry Curve 9320 Blows Up In Bed
  • Boy Burned As BlackBerry Curve 9320 Blows Up In Bed



    An English school boy was severely burned after his BlackBerry Curve 9320 blew up in his bed. While he was sleeping the device malfunctioned and spontaneously combusted, leaving the boy with burns to his legs and feet. The boy's mother stated that after she went to sleep she heard a loud "pop" sound, and then heard her son "screaming at the top of his voice, shouting ‘my bed's on fire’”.

    Both parents are concerned that this type of freak accident may happen to another person and have since had a video conference with RIM officials. RIM too is concerned and has stated the company takes "claims of this nature very seriously and are investigating this matter as a priority." The family is insisting that the device be recalled from shops before the holiday.

    While these types of accidents are rare and often times exaggerated, it just goes to show you how powerful those little batteries are inside our mobile devices.




    This article was originally published in forum thread: Boy Burned As BlackBerry Curve 9320 Blows Up In Bed started by ice2921 View original post


    comments powered by Disqus