Kisai Labs' Twitter app, Blaq, has seen a great update appear on BlackBerry World today. If you're a BlackBerry 10 owner then you can grab the latest version right now.
1.3 brings a immense amount of brand new features, BIG features to your BlackBerry:
- Hub Integration – Blaq now *fully* integrates with BlackBerry Hub. Your mentions and direct messages from multiple accounts are now easier to access on BlackBerry 10
- Detailed Active Frame – In addition to seeing tweets, indicators for new tweets, mentions and direct messages are displayed so you know when to take action
- Lite Theme – For the first time in the history of Blaq, we’ve seen the light. Light theme, that is! Be sure to test this one out!
- BlackBerry ID Synchronization – For those who like to format their devices for whatever reason, your settings and mutes are now backed up automatically!
If that doesn't have you throwing your money at the app yet, a lot of refinements and additions:
- Tweet post status with progress bar for photo uploads
- Change your profile banner directly within the app
- Friend picker is now available within the search
- BBM Pins are now recognized in tweets and direct messages
- Most requests are now compressed to save on data usage
- The account limit has now been increased to 3. This restraint is due to a token limit imposed by Twitter on third party developers.
- Labels have now been added to the left toolbar. Pull the timeline to the right to see them.
There are a number of fixes along with the update as well:
- Add Mute screen was cut off (Q5/Q10)
- Crash on exit
- Active frame doesn’t show on first launch
- BBM Channel pin parser breaks tweet when mention contains hex-only characters
- Hashtags with unicode characters (accents, arabic, etc) used incorrect format when searching
- Pressing enter in search does nothing
- Notifications are still received when an account is deleted from the app
- Mutes don’t expire
- Enlarging photos shows a blank screen
- Minor cosmetic issues
- Arbitrary text that *may* match a channel pin is not a channel
- DM friend picker full name not showing
- Searches using screen name aren’t found
- Real-time stream kicking the bucket
- When a user is blocked, block still shows in the profile menu
The update is free for current owners of Blaq. If you don't yet own the app - now is a great time to put your hand in your pocket. At just $2.99 / £2 it is the best investment you can make if you're a serious Twitter user.
More information / buy Blaq for BlackBerry 10