Biggest news of the day for BlackBerry in the heat of MWC 2014 undoubtedly has to be the announcement of the upcoming BlackBerry Q20 smartphone. The BlackBerry Q20 will bring some of the old BlackBerry features that loyalists love, in with the new BlackBerry 10 OS experience. Here is a no nonsense rundown of what we know so far about the BlackBerry Q20 features:
- The ‘Menu’, ‘Back’, ‘Send’ and ‘End’ buttons and trackpad will be made an integral part of the device and user interface, enabling fast, precise navigation and a natural workflow within and between apps.
- The new smartphone will feature BlackBerry’s patented QWERTY keyboard design with frets and sculpted keys for the best typing experience.
- The best email service including features like BlackBerry Hub, where you can access all your messages in one place, and enterprise connectivity with BES10.
- The BlackBerry Q20 smartphone will include a generous 3.5” touchscreen, the largest display yet on a QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone, giving you more space for viewing messages, browsing Internet and intranet sites and accessing other apps.
- The smartphone will be crafted from premium materials and designed for reliability and durability.
- A large battery to provide superior battery life.
BlackBerry plans for it to be available in Q3/Q4 of 2014. More details including pricing and availability will be known at launch.
What do you think? Will the old trackpad and buttons bring you back to a QWERTY BlackBerry?