With the BlackBerry PRIV hitting consumers in less than two weeks, it should come as no surprise that the BlackBerry's Android-specific apps would be starting to appear in Google Play.
So far, we've seen DTEK by BlackBerry, BlackBerry Keyboard, BlackBerry Launcher, MicrosoftexFAT for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Password Keeper, & BlackBerry Camera appear in Google's beloved app storefront.
UPDATE (10/27/2015): We are starting to see more apps appearing today, with the addition of Contacts by BlackBerry, Notes by BlackBerry, BlackBerry Calendar, Tasks by BlackBerry, BlackBerry Services, BlackBerry Hub & BlackBerry Device Search.
DTEK by BlackBerry
In this world of interconnected apps and networks, controlling what is shared and with whom it’s shared with can be a challenge. BlackBerry® DTEK for Android™ allows you to view and improve your privacy level and monitor application access to your camera, microphone, location, and personal information. Take control with DTEK by BlackBerry.
• Monitor – Know at a glance the overall security rating for your device, as well as for specific security features. You can identify whether you need to take any action to improve the security of your device.
• Control – Easily change your security settings to improve the security rating for your device and specific security features.
• Track – Turn on event logging to track what your apps are doing. Advanced tools help you track what info your apps have accessed, how it’s being used, and the duration of use. This includes which apps are accessing your camera, microphone, location, and personal information.
• Alert – Be notified of specific application activities when you set up notifications.
The PRIV by BlackBerry® gives you the freedom to choose between a virtual touch screen keyboard or a physical keyboard for speed and accuracy.
Snap the slider open to dismiss the touch screen keyboard and free up valuable screen space. A full physical keyboard is revealed that also doubles as a touch sensitive track pad for scrolling and fine cursor control. You can even map the physical keys to shortcuts that launch device features.
The BlackBerry Keyboard includes a number of components that work together to deliver an optimal user input experience:
• A reinvented physical keyboard that optimizes accuracy, ergonomic comfort and precise control.
• A market disrupting touch sensitive keyboard to help you get things done fast.
• A complementary set of on-screen virtual keyboards for touch interaction and fast access to the most critical text elements
• An intelligent input engine that allows the keyboard to learn and remember words you type often and then offer them as next-word suggestions.
• A set of software capabilities that allows shortcuts to user-defined words and phrases, and more…
• Quick and easy creation of text with the renowned BlackBerry Keyboard, featuring auto correction, next word prediction and a Personal Dictionary.
• More efficiency through learning and personalization. The keyboard gets more accurate over time as it learns your style and word selection.
• Text Selection and Fine Cursor Control make it easy to format your work properly and give it a polished and professional appearance.
• Settings that put you in control of your keyboard experience.
The BlackBerry Launcher application enables you to:
• Easily turn multistep tasks such as sending an email or calling a friend into a one-click task.
• Find, sort and place applications, widgets and shortcuts across home screen panels for convenient access.
• Widgets are a great way to get information quickly, but can take up a lot of space on your home screen. BlackBerry® Pop-Up Widgets allow you to view any application widget by simply swiping up or down across the icon on your home screen, giving you fast access to the information you need, when you need it.
• Use keyboard shortcuts to launch applications or tasks, such as tapping ‘B’ to launch your Browser.
• Customize the look and feel of your device using icon packs, and more...
MicrosoftexFAT for BlackBerry
SDXC Cards store data in a different format, versus previous generation SD cards. This application lets you unlock the full potential of your SDXC Card for your BlackBerry smartphone.
• Supports SDXC cards up to 2 TB capacity
• Can save files in excess of 4GB in size
BlackBerry Password Keeper
The BlackBerry Password Keeper application allows you to keep all of your passwords, login information, and important records safe and secure. BlackBerry Password Keeper allows you to store all of these records in a single location for easy access and reference. Your information is encrypted using AES-256 and protected by a single password of your choice.
Plus if you have Password Keeper records from a previous BlackBerry 10 device, you can easily import all of your records and start using the app right away.
• Easily import Password Keeper records from a previous BlackBerry 10 device
• Create, edit, and delete records
• Generate random passwords
• Set records as favorites
• Check that your passwords are strong using the password strength meter
The BlackBerry® Camera is optimized for the Schneider-Kreuznach® certified camera on PRIV. Take professional-quality photos with minimal effort! Creativity comes naturally when taking photos is this simple, and when your results are this beautiful.
The BlackBerry Camera includes professional settings that you can apply as you frame the scene, including live filter effects and exposure control. Features like Phase Detection Auto Focus, OIS, and a dual-color flash help the camera focus instantly, deliver feedback to you quickly, and capture crisp, vibrant photos, even in low light
• Phase Detection Auto focus – Lightning-fast autofocus technology, commonly found in professional cameras, ensures the moment is always crystal clear
• Panorama – Capture everything around you in stunning detail with massive, 140 megapixel, 360 degree panoramic photos
• 4k video – See every detail in your videos with incredible definition
• Panorama selfie – Include more of your surroundings and fit all of your friends in the photo with you
• Live filters – Express your artistic side by using filters that you can see before you even take the photo
• 60 fps video recording – Video with smooth and lifelike motion for moving subjects
Contacts by BlackBerry
The Contacts app is designed to store all your contact info in one location for convenient management. You can interact with your contacts using a variety of methods such as phone calls, text and email messages, or calendar events directly from the Contacts app. You can also create and manage contact groups.
• Intuitive user experience
• Unified contacts: Work and personal contacts in one convenient location
• Remote search: Perform Global Address List searches directly from your device
• Recent contacts management: Allow or block recent contacts
• Contact groups: Create groups and easily start group conversations
• Smart filters: Quickly identify and locate your contacts
• Per account filtering: View contacts associated with specific accounts
• Quick access to favorite and frequently used contacts
• Multi-select contacts
• Support for: CardDav accounts and Gravatars
Notes by BlackBerry
The Notes app is optimized for Android™ and is designed to increase your productivity. Your notes are conveniently synchronized with the Microsoft Exchange Server using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
• Simplified experience: Intuitive user experience
• Find anything: Searchable text in notes
• Work Anywhere: Notes are synchronized by Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync 14.1 or later
• Automatic setup for popular email services including: Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange
Experience the best out-of-box calendar experience on Android™. With the BlackBerry Calendar, you can view and respond to your meeting invitations directly from the BlackBerry Hub. When you create or change events, you can avoid double bookings by viewing when you’re busy. Using the Join Now feature, you can instantly dial into your meetings directly from your event reminder. And with Google Now™ voice commands, booking meetings has never been easier.
• Create, respond to and cancel meeting invitations for public calendars when you integrate with BlackBerry Hub
• See conflicts and adjacent events when you create or respond to an invitation
• Sync subscribed and CalDav calendars with BlackBerry accounts
• Forward your meeting invitations to additional participants from the BlackBerry Hub
• Join conference calls directly from event reminders using “Join Now”
• Search for events by subject, location, participants and notes
• Scan through your future events with Inline Month View
Tasks by BlackBerry
The Tasks app is optimized for Android OS and designed to increase your productivity. Your tasks are conveniently synchronized with the Microsoft Exchange Server using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
• Simplified experience: Intuitive user experience
• Quick tasks: Quickly create tasks, set due dates and reminders from your task list
• Stay informed: Receive notifications for upcoming tasks
• Work Anywhere: Tasks are synchronized by Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync 12.x or later
• Automatic setup for popular email services including: Windows Live Hotmail, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
• Tasks Sync: Effortlessly sync recurring tasks, due dates and reminders
BlackBerry Services is the foundation upon which all of your favorite BlackBerry applications are built. It provides both enhanced security and improved productivity.
• Enjoy a more consistent experience across your BlackBerry applications, including common menus that allow you to open items in other BlackBerry applications.
• Manages the data for all BlackBerry Productivity Suite applications, providing secure and efficient access to your most critical data. This includes the sync logic that obtains your data from the Internet, seamlessly keeping your device up-to-date.
• Delivers an enhanced level of security, by partitioning your applications into Work and Personal perimeters.
The BlackBerry® Hub brings your communications into one place so you can manage your messages in one location. Connecting with your friends and colleagues has never been more simple. You can quickly organize and take action on email, text and BBM messages, phone calls, social media notifications, calendar invitations and more –directly from your message list. Previously a BlackBerry® 10 exclusive, the BlackBerry Hub was proclaimed the industry’s best communications app. Once you experience the BlackBerry Hub, you’ll wonder how you lived without it.
• Compose email messages and social posts, or respond directly to messages and calendar invitations
• Use Conversation View for a clear view of all the messages in a conversation with the latest message always open for quick review
• Snooze items so that you can view them at a later date, time or location
• Quickly select recipients for email messages using suggested contacts File email messages and manage all your folders
• Search for messages or contacts saved directly on your device or on the email server
• Peek into your calendar to see your next five meetings
• Quickly identify unread messages via the red BlackBerry spark indicator
BlackBerry Device Search
BlackBerry Device Search makes finding information on your device quick and simple. Easily find what you need by searching your Contacts, Calendar, BlackBerry Hub email, documents, media files, and more. The BlackBerry Device Search app also offers a remote search option if the info you are looking for isn’t found on your device. To make your searches even more meaningful, you can select and filter the categories you want to look in before you begin your search. You can also use Instant Actions such as, “Call Mike,” “Map home,” or “Email Mary” to quickly perform tasks, saving you time and effort.