The BlackBerry Passport has been pretty much the talk of BlackBerry enthusiasts everywhere. People wondering what the phone will have spec wise has been a majority of the talk. Well, the folks at N4BB.com have released what appears to be the full specification list.
It's impressive to see such great specs for the new BlackBerry Passport. Remember, the Passport is the first ever smartphone to have a touch capacitive QWERTY keyboard. It makes me want it more and more.
BlackBerry Passport Specifications:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 with 2.2GHz Quad-Core CPUs (MSM8974-AA), Adreno 330, 450MHz GPU
- Memory: 3GB LPDDR3 800MHz RAM, 32GB Flash, Hot-swappable MicroSD slot (up to 64GB)
- Expandable Memory: MicroSD slot located under back cover
- Display: 4.5" diagonal, 1440 x 1440 resolution, LCD, 453 DPI, 24-bit color depth, 1:1 aspect ratio, RGB pixel arrangement, In-cell touch panel, 10-point multi-touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Facing Camera: 13MP Auto-Focus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), 5-element f2.0 lens, Back Side Illumination, LED Flash, 1080p HD video recording at 60fps, 6DOF video stabilization, 5x digital zoom, Continuous & touch to focus, image stabilization
- Front Facing Camera: 2MP Fixed-Focus, Image & video stabilization, 3x digital zoom, 720p HD video recording
- Battery: 3450mAH integrated non-removable battery
- Battery Life (target) BlackBerry Power User Profile: 19 hours usage + 8 hours standby
- Dedicated Keys: Volume Up/Down, Mute, Lock(Power On/Off)
- Dimensions: Weight (w/battery) 194.4g (M2), (LxWxD): 128 x 90.3 x 9.3mm (9.6mm at camera location)
- Headset: 3.5 mm stereo "BlackBird"
- Notification: Tone, vibrate, on-screen or LED indicator; notification options are user configurable
- Voice Input/output: Integrated speaker and microphone, Hands-free headset capable, Bluetooth headset capable, Integrated Hands-Free Speakerphone, Stereo
- Ports and Connectivity: USB 2.0 fully supported with standard microUSB 2.0 cable (included inbox), USB 3.0 client interface supported with custom BlackBerry cable (not included in box), Cabled-Video Out supported with standard SlimPort adaptor (not included in box). SlimPort adaptor cables exist to support the following video protocols: HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort 1.1, DisplayPort 1.2, DVI, NFC, Universal BlackBerry Connector with SlimPort enabled
- Power Adapter: +5V DC / 1.3A AC power adapter, OMTP Complaint
- Network: FD-LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 20 (2100/1900/1800/1700/850/2600/900/700/700/800 MHz), HSPA+ 1, 2, 4, 5/6, 8 (2100/1900/1700/850/900 MHz), Dual Carrier 42M support, Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n for 2.4GHz, 802.11 a/n for 5GHz, 802.11 ac for 5GHz, 4G Mobile Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast, IEEE 802.11r, IEEE 802.11k Neighbor Reports, Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Server
- GPS: Assisted, Autonomous and Simultaneous GPS, Enabled with preloaded BlackBerry Maps application and for e911capabilities, Both User Plane & Control Plane GPS is supported, GLONASS Support, OTDOA
- Advanced Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Time of Flight (ToF), Ambient light
- SIM Interface: Nano SIM card (4FF) Supports 1.8V and 3.0V cards
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (LE) with the following profiles - Hands free Profile 1.6 (HFP), Object Push Profile 1.1 (OPP), Phone Book Access Profile 1.1.1 (PBAP) Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP 1.2 / AVRCP 1.5 support), Serial Port Profile 1.1 (SPP), Bluetooth Message Access Profile 1.1 (MAP), Personal Area Network 1.0 (PAN), Remote SIM Access Profile 1.1 (rSAP), Human Interface Device Profile 1.0 (HID), Device ID 1.3, Multi-Profile 1.0 (MPS) [Planned]Low Energy Services, Device Information Service, Immediate Alert Service, Link Loss Service, Tx Power Service, Battery Service, Current Time Service, Next DST Change Service, Low Energy Human Interface Device (HID) [Planned]Bluetooth Radio Specifications, Single band support: ISM 2.4 GHz, Power Class: Bluetooth Class 1, Transmitting and receiving frequency: 2402 to 2480 MHz