In a plethora of press releases, BlackBerry announced that they have unveiled their software and services vision to infuse BlackBerry’s unmatched power of productivity, communication, collaboration and security across all smartphone and tablets running iOS, Android™, and Windows® operating systems, giving users the unprecedented ability to work seamlessly and securely across any device.
“BlackBerry’s core values of security and productivity are more in demand than ever – as we demonstrated with the successful expansion of BES12 and BBM to other platforms,” said BlackBerry CEO and Executive Chairman John Chen. “Flexibility without compromise is what current and former BlackBerry users tell us time and again they want from their mobile device. They want BlackBerry’s legendary security and core productivity and collaboration capabilities while still being able to choose a device that matches their lifestyle and personality.”
Chen added: “We will continue to look for opportunities to broaden our software footprint in the market. Our goal is to be wherever our users need and want us, with our software suites, whether that’s on an iPhone or a BlackBerry Classic.”
The BlackBerry Experience Suite includes three bundles of services that users would be able to purchase individually or together. They include:
BlackBerry Productivity Suite:
• Manage work and personal messages, and edit documents across all devices effortlessly and securely;
• Intelligent work flows and deeply integrated search helps tackle the highest priority communications first, including high-priority messages, documents and contacts, across devices and cloud sources;
• Monitor all personal and work messages in one place - email, text, BBM, social accounts.
BlackBerry Communication & Collaboration Suite:
• Share and collaborate securely in real-time with colleagues through instant meetings, Wi-Fi voice calls, video chat and an integrated calendar view;
• View and edit documents and calendar invitations across devices seamlessly and securely.
BlackBerry Security Suite:
• Protect personal and work information from malware and data theft with BlackBerry’s secure encryption and privacy controls;
• Secure emails, messages, phone calls and documents across any mobile computing environment;
• Integrate and securely manage work and personal messages through separate containers.
BlackBerry will begin offering the BlackBerry Experience Suite later this year. For updates, more information and to get involved in the BlackBerry Experience Suite, visit blackberry.com/experience.
A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.