BlackBerry's next Android is set to be announced later today, and we are now finally seeing leaked press images start to pop up. Earlier this morning, someone accidentally hit the ON switch for the BlackBerry Neon/DTEK50 page, temporarily allowing several die-hard fans to peek at the official press images. Along with the images, the full list of specifications was also live for that short period, luckily preserved by Google Cache.
The go-to-market name is still unknown, as BlackBerry has used both Neon and DTEK50 when referring to the device. Maybe a totally different name will make an appearance today?
We'll know more about BlackBerry's latest Android device after today's Virtual Event, scheduled for 11am Eastern.
- Height – 147 mm / 5.79 in
- Width – 72.5 mm / 2.85 in
- Depth – 7.4 mm / 0.29 in
- 135g / 4.76 oz
- 5.2″ FHD screen (1920 x 1080 resolution) at 424 PPI with 24-bit colour
- Qualcomm 8952 with 64 bit Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 and Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 (Snapdragon 617 Octa-Core, 64 bit)
- Adreno 405, 550MHz GPU
- 3 GB RAM
- 16 GB of internal memory
- MicroUSB 2.0
- MicroSDXC support (up to 2TB)
- Wi-Fi (up to 802.11 ac)
- Wi-Fi Direct
- 4G LTE
- FM Radio
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- 2610 mAh internal battery, with support for QuickCharge 2.0 and up to 17hours of mixed usage
- 13 megapixel auto-focus camera with a 6-element f2.0 lens, dual-tone LED flash and FHD video recording
- 8MP Fixed-Focus, f2.2 front facing camera with FHD video recording