BBM 7 has been in beta for the last few weeks and is officially launching today for the public. BlackBerry Messenger v184.108.40.206 comes with 16 new smileys that will make getting your point across a lot easier. It also comes with BBM Voice. The innovative, new feature that RIM has added to allow free WiFi calling to other BBM contacts anywhere in the world.
Check out the above video for more info on how BBM 7 works with BBM Voice!
BBM 7 equipped with BBM Voice includes a number of convenient features:
- Enhanced calling options – You can open a BBM Voice call directly from a BBM chat, providing instant engagement across the globe, free from long-distance charges.*
- Visual indicator – Know immediately when BBM friends are available for a voice call. No guesswork – your friend’s availability for BBM Voice is displayed in the chat screen.
- The voice status profile will show one of four states:
- Online (available for voice chat),
- Offline (capable but not available right now),
- In a voice chat (tap to hang-up), or
- None (customer’s device does not support BBM Voice)
- Seamlessly switch from type to talk – Turn your BBM session into a voice chat right from an ongoing text conversation.
- Use the medium that best suits the conversation topic.
- Toggle at any time. You choose: type, talk, or both.
- Convenient compatibility – BBM Voice is compatible with your accessories. Use a handheld microphone, speakerphone, Bluetooth accessory or wired headset.
- Multi-tasking at your fingertips – Check other BBM text chats, check email, or navigate to other apps during the BBM Voice call.
- BlackBerry ID convenience – Switch even more easily between BlackBerry smartphones. BBM 7 allows your BBM profile, Groups and Contacts to be linked to your BlackBerry ID. Following the BlackBerry 10 launch, the BlackBerry ID integration will allow customers to seamlessly transfer all of their BBM information to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Download BBM 7 from App World or by going to blackberry.com/bbm on your mobile browser.