It is no secret that BlackBerry plans to announce/unveil a new device at Mobile World Congress next week, and it would seem that the device in question is none other than the rumored BlackBerry Rio/Leap.
N4BB has received hands-on images on the rumored upcoming device, in all its non-blurry goodness and glory.
The "Rio" codename will likely get dropped for branding, as we've seen the “Leap” name make an appearance in recent OS leaked files.
We did see renders of the Rio/Leap back in December, which showed the device to be a slightly updated Z3.
Here’s the known BlackBerry Rio/Leap (STR100-1) specs:
- 295 PPI on a 5-inch 1280 x 720 display
- 2MP front facing, 8MP rear facing cameras
- 2800 mAh non-removable battery
- MSM 8960 Dual Core 1.5 GHz processor
- 2 GB RAM, 16GB Flash + Micro SD
- Penta Band LTE + 4G Hotspot
- Wi-Fi 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n
- BT 4.0 / DLNA / Miracast
- Dual Microphone
- Speaker phone
- 9.5 mm profile
You can see the remaining photos below.