BlackBerry announced the launch of the BlackBerry Z3 in India today. The BlackBerry Z3 will be available to pre-order today and purchase on July 2nd. The BlackBerry Z3 is priced at Rs 15,990 or around USD $265, which are leading some to say it is a bit overpriced for the market. But if you pre-order from the store Flipkart, you can get an additional Rs 1000 off of the price. You can also pre-order through Mobile Store and BlackBerry exclusive stores as well.
We reviewed the BlackBerry Z3 a few days ago, and still think that the BlackBerry Z3 is well worth the purchase. It brings a lot of phone for a small amount of money.
“The new BlackBerry Z3 offers consumer engaging user experience with all the features of BlackBerry 10 combined in one powerful smartphone. The BlackBerry Z3 is also the first smartphone to be introduced from our strategic partnership with Foxconn and it further strengthens our commitment to enhance our devices portfolio,” said Sunil Lalvani, Managing Director for India at BlackBerry. “BlackBerry Z3 is the ultimate smartphone that gives users more ways to connect, share and communicate, providing the best tool for secure, reliable communications and collaboration with friends, family and co-workers.”
The new BlackBerry Z3 smartphone comes with the latest BlackBerry 10 OS, version 10.2.1, that will make the things you do every day faster and easier. Key features include:
- BlackBerry Maps: For the first time ever, BlackBerry launches BlackBerry Maps for its users in India. This app provides 2D maps, local search and powerful 3D voice guided turn-by-turn directions— just like an advanced GPS navigation system.
- BlackBerry® Priority Hub – The ever present BlackBerry Hub lets you access all your work and personal email, BBM™, text messages, social media updates and notifications in one place, with the ability to “peek” into the BlackBerry Hub from anywhere, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you. The Hub can be customized to identify priority messages and to filter the message list by various criteria that you can then activate with a simple pinch gesture.
- BBM – BBM on the BlackBerry Z3 smartphone includes all the latest features of the popular mobile social network. You get BBM voice and video chatting with Screen Share and support for BlackBerry Natural Sound, letting you hear nuances and variations in tone in a BBM Voice chat, and making the conversation sound like you’re in the same room. BBM Channels features a variety of Indian channels as well as a BBM sticker packs for its customers
- BlackBerry Keyboard – The BlackBerry Keyboard learns what words you use and how you use them, and then offers them up to you so you can type faster and more accurately. It gives you the best Hindi typing experience on a touchscreen
- Time Shift & Story Maker – The BlackBerry Z3 smartphone’s astonishing Time Shift camera feature lets you capture a group shot where everyone is smiling with their eyes wide open. You can also use Story Maker to bring a collection of photos and videos together, along with music and effects, to produce an HD movie that you can instantly share on YouTube.
- BlackBerry 10 Browser – The BlackBerry 10 browser sets the industry benchmark for HTML5 performance on smartphones, and is incredibly fast, with fluid and responsive scrolling and zooming. The browser includes many advanced features, supports multiple tabs, lets you browse sites privately, includes a reader mode, and integrates with the platform for easily sharing content. You can even save web pages for later viewing.
- Instant Previews & Reply Now – Be more timely and responsive with Instant Previews that bring BBM, SMS and email message to you no matter what you are doing on your BlackBerry Z3 smartphone. You can even reply to your BBM or SMS messages in any app, or swipe to the BlackBerry Hub to respond. If you get a phone call that you can’t answer right way, you can instantly silence the call and send a Reply Now response through BBM, SMS or email to let the caller know you’re busy.
- Fast, Easy Sharing – The BlackBerry Z3 smartphone learns how you share and who you share with, helping you reduce the number of steps and amount of time it takes to get your files, photos, or documents to where they need to go. Touching “share” in any app provides suggestions on who and how to share your files based on who you’ve shared with in the past, and the feature only gets smarter the more you use it.
- FM Radio – The new BlackBerry Z3 includes a built-in FM radio. You can listen to local FM stations, which does not require any network connection.
The new BlackBerry Z3 smartphone is available for pre-book with The MobileStore, Flipkart, and all BlackBerry Exclusive stores from June 25th to July 2nd.