BlackBerry is announcing the availability of the BlackBerry Leap in Malaysia. BlackBerry is confident that the Leap will be the choice of the business professional because of it's security and ease of use to make the user a more productive user. Priced at RM 1,089.00, and if you are an early adopter you'll get a coupon for RM 150 off plus a free leather case and a BlackBerry 10 baseball cap. If you want to get all of that, you'll need to be one of the first 100 pre-orders, so act fast.
Kuala Lumpur, MY - BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced the availability of the all new BlackBerry® Leap smartphone here in Malaysia. The BlackBerry Leap is an affordable all-touch smartphone in a modern and powerful design that is built for career builders and companies who value security and privacy when pushing their productivity to the next level. The BlackBerry Leap includes a brilliant edge-to-edge five-inch HD display, BlackBerry’s latest operating system - BlackBerry 10.3.1 OS - and more than a full day’s battery power, keeping users hyper connected, productive and always in control.
The 4G LTE enabled smartphone will be available for pre-order starting from May 6, 2015 through 11street. Customers who pre-order through will enjoy:
- 11street shopping coupon worth RM150 with each confirmed pre-order purchase
- BlackBerry premium cap and leather phone pouch provided free of charge to the first 100 pre-order buyers together with the device.
- Please visit www.11street.my for more information.
Hoseok Kim, CEO, 11street, said, “As online shopping is fast becoming a part of everyday life for Malaysians, we are well aware that many business executives and professionals are looking for a user-friendly, secure mobile device, which allows them to shop online at anytime, anywhere – all while safeguarding the privacy of their personal data. Partnering with BlackBerry here in Malaysia to offer consumers a mobile device equipped with high security features underscores our commitment to providing customers a safer online shopping experience.”
Other authorized partners will be ranging BlackBerry Leap from 20 May, 2015.
“We are excited to be working with 11Street and our other partners to bring BlackBerry Leap to Malaysia. It is a smartphone we believe will resonate well with our Malaysian customers. The latest addition to our BlackBerry 10 portfolio was built specifically for professionals who see their smartphone as a powerful and durable productivity tool, which also safeguards sensitive communications at all times,” said Cameron Vernest, Managing Director for Malaysia at BlackBerry.
Top features of BlackBerry Leap that drive security, productivity, communications and collaboration include:
- Security to Maintain Privacy –You can feel safe in the knowledge that BlackBerry Leap was designed with the highest standards of security in mind to protect your privacy. It is equipped with support for encryption, plus built-in malware protection and back-up, wipe and restore. All to give you control and help secure your data against the next embarrassing and potentially costly cyberattack.
- Battery That Powers Through a Full Day – With up to 25 hours of heavy use,* the BlackBerry Leap will power through even your most demanding day. The impressive 2800 mAh battery and optimization of power consumption in BlackBerry 10 gives users more than a full day of productive usage.
- Best-in-Class BlackBerry Keyboard – Type faster and more accurately on a touchscreen keyboard that learns how you write. With superior error correction, multi-language support, customized adaption and flow, BlackBerry’s touchscreen keyboard helps to reduce the mistakes and missteps that can hold you back.
- BlackBerry® 10 OS 10.3.1 – BlackBerry Leap comes preloaded with the new BlackBerry 10.3.1 operating system, offering a fresh look that incorporates updated icons and an instant action bar so that users’ most commonly accessed functions are in the center of their screen. Additional features include:
- BlackBerry® Blend – BlackBerry Blend brings messaging and content that is on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. Get instant message notifications, read and respond to your work and personal email, BBM® or text messages, and access your documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on, powered by your BlackBerry. BlackBerry Blend works across desktop operating systems, including Mac OS X 10.7 +, Windows® 7+ and Android™ tablets running Android 4.4+ via cellular, USB or Wi-Fi connections.
- BlackBerry® Assistant – The BlackBerry Assistant is BlackBerry’s first digital assistant and can be used with voice and text commands to help users manage work and personal email, contacts, calendar and other native BlackBerry 10 applications. It’s the only smartphone assistant on the market today that can access both personal and work content in your work perimeter. BlackBerry Assistant intelligently determines how to respond to you based on how you interact with it – if you type, it responds silently, if you speak, it speaks back and if you activate over Bluetooth, it speaks back with additional context because it assumes you might not have access to the screen.
- Dual app storefronts preloaded for access to a huge selection of apps for work and play:
- BlackBerry World – BlackBerry World offers essential business and productivity apps for professionals looking to drive efficient communications and collaboration including Box, Evernote, Cisco WebEx Meetings and Documents to Go.
- Amazon Appstore – Discover and download popular Android apps and games through the Amazon Appstore including Candy Crush Saga, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Kindle and Amazon Shopping.
For more information about BlackBerry Leap, please visit http://www.blackberry.com/leap.
* Based on GSMA PRD TW.09 Battery Life Measurement Technique and a mixed usage scenario. Many factors affect battery life, including network connectivity, application usage, feature configuration and battery age. Actual results may vary.
A global leader in mobile communications, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America. The Company trades under the ticker symbols "BB" on the Toronto Stock Exchange and "BBRY" on the NASDAQ. For more information, visit www.BlackBerry.com.