Just when you thought it was safe to release a BitTorrent client for BlackBerry, BlackBerry has chosen once again block such an application. BitTorque a lightweight torrent client for BlackBerry 10 was released a few days ago only to be quickly pulled once it reached mainstream awareness. The application was listed in BlackBerry World for $2.99, and according to many was extremely fast.
The app had the following features:
- Several network modes including WiFi-only
- Simultaneous torrent downloading
- Web Browser and File Manager integration
- Magnet link support
- Sharing of torrents
- Upload and Download speed limits
- Tracker-less torrent (DHT) support
- UPnP and NAT-PMP support
- Encryption support
- Local Peer Discovery support
Hopefully we will see this app back in BlackBerry World soon. In the meantime, sound off in the comments about your thoughts regarding BlackBerry's position on peer-to-peer files sharing apps.