As the future of BlackBerry's mobile device service is up in the air, the future of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 seems healthy an growing. In the UK, more than one third of the FTSE 100 companies are using or have currently installed BlackBerry 10 Enterprise Servers. In hand with that, the UK's major carriers (EE, Vodafone, O2) are now supporting BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.
BlackBerry® (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) today announced that 34 of the FTSE 100 companies have already installed BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10, BlackBerry’s enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution, for either commercial or test purposes. Reflecting the clear need for companies to have a cross platform EMM solution that delivers a strong level of security, control and management at the device and app level, the uptake amongst the UK’s largest companies follows the response in North America, where the majority of Fortune 500 companies have BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.
In addition, with major UK carriers Vodafone, EE and O2 now supporting BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, many organisations across both the public and private sector are also making the move to the new BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 EMM solution:
- Rocco Forte, a luxury hotel group, is using Secure Work Space for iOS® and Android™ to manage 60 tablets deployed to enable employees to access business-critical apps and information on-the-go. In addition, the company has deployed 200 new BlackBerry® 10 smartphones. With BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and Secure Work Space, the company is now able to simply and securely manage all devices in the organisation.
- Clyde & Co., a global law firm with over 1,400 employees, has deployed BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and plans to migrate its existing 1,200 BlackBerry smartphone users to BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
- The Premier League, the organizing body for the Barclays Premier League, is using BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to manage its existing portfolio of BlackBerry smartphones, as well as a number of iOS devices. An additional 60 BlackBerry Q10 smartphones are also being rolled out across the organisation.
- Hogg Robinson, an international corporate services provider specialising in travel, expense and data management has deployed BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to manage its existing suite of 800 BlackBerry smartphones, which now also includes newly deployed BlackBerry® Z10 and BlackBerry® Q10 smartphones.
- Public sector body NHS Education Scotland, a health board responsible for developing and delivering education and training to NHS Scotland employees, has deployed BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and begun the rollout of 200 BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
In the May 2013 Forrester Research, Inc. report entitled: “Build A Road Map For Workforce Computing”, Christian Kane wrote about the ever-growing need for an EMM platform in a mixed device environment. “To support the increasing diversity of mobile devices and platforms, Infrastructure & Operations pros are investing heavily in management solutions to monitor and secure devices across a broad ecosystem of operating systems and form factors. These solutions allow IT to proactively support multiple platforms and device types, extend management and security policies to both corporate-liable and employee-owned devices, and automate service desk support.”*
“BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 is a multi-platform mobile solution that can securely manage and control an organisation’s mobile fleet, irrespective of device or platform,” said Stephen Bates, Head of the Enterprise Business Unit at BlackBerry. “As more organisations are pressured to provide employees with various mobile device options, it becomes even more critical to have a simple-to-use EMM solution that can secure any device, including BlackBerry, iOS and Android.”
BlackBerry has always provided security at the device, server and network level. The recently launched Secure Work Space solution leverages the same trusted behind-the-firewall connection available for BlackBerry smartphones and extends BlackBerry security capabilities for data-at-rest and data-in-transit to iOS and Android devices. The Secure Work Space container is managed through BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, making it easy and convenient to manage all devices from its single console.
“BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 is a secure, reliable platform that provides us with full support for our BlackBerry, iOS and Android devices. It enables us to securely deploy our customised business applications and in turn delivers tangible productivity benefits to our employees. This new platform is not only great for the business, but also for our customers who are benefiting from an even higher standard of service as a result of our improved operational efficiency.” – Emmanuel Clave, Group Director of Information Technology, Rocco Forte Hotels
“One of our key mobility requirements is on-the-go access to document management software. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 provides a single platform that facilitates the management and control of this and other business-critical apps in a consistent environment that meets our stringent security requirements.” – Aaron Donaldson, 3rd Line Support Team leader, Clyde & Co.
“The Premier League is using BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to manage its suite of BlackBerry and iOS devices. The organisation has long used BlackBerry as their mobile solution of choice. The new platform enables us to extend the tried and tested management and security capabilities of the BlackBerry solution to support other tablet and smartphones used within the organisation.”– Simon Thunder, Head of IT, The Premier League
“BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 brings significant technology, cost and operational improvements to our existing BlackBerry infrastructure. It addresses many of the challenges employers face in an increasingly diverse mobile environment by delivering the only end-to-end solution capable of securely managing devices from different platforms. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 allows us to simply and effectively manage all device platforms from one user-friendly graphical interface. With the added bonus of BlackBerry Balance technology on the BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 smartphones we have deployed, our employees can enjoy all the benefits of a cutting-edge smartphone while we can rest assured that all corporate information is kept completely separate and secure.” – Neil Kirk, Head of Unified Communications, Europe, Hogg Robinson Group PLC
“BlackBerry has a long history as the mobile solution of choice for the broader public sector. The new BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 platform enables us to securely manage and control existing BlackBerry smartphones and the new BlackBerry 10 smartphones from one single console.” Paul Donnelly, Senior Network Administrator, NHS Education Scotland
* According to a May 2013 report by Forrester Research, Inc. entitled: “Build A Road Map For Workforce Computing”. Many enterprises are deploying bring-your-own-device (BYOD) programs to enable employees to use personal smartphones or tablets for work activities. In fact, 42% of IT hardware decision-makers have piloted, implemented, expanded, or upgraded BYOD programs for smartphones. In addition, 24% of these firms are in the same stages of implementing BYOD programs for tablets. Officially supporting these BYOD programs poses challenges for security and IT personnel tasked with managing corporate risk.”