We've been hearing many rumors of BlackBerry 10.3 over the last few weeks and that it plans to bring some subtle UI refinements compared to what we've become accustomed to with OS 10.0 thru 10.2.1.
We are now seeing leaked images that would confirm the above as being accurate. These are from early version of BlackBerry 10.3 (OS 10.3.0.140, which also LEAKED today) and offer a small look at what could be. So, what exactly are these changes? Well, ZonaBlackBerry has provided a list of what has improved or otherwise changed.
- Homescreen - The box around the icons is now gone, may or may not be a final decision.
- Intelligent Assistant - It seems BlackBerry is not to be left behind and an intelligent assistant is implemented in this version seems to not work properly.
- New keyboard layout and colors - Slightly changes the design a more minimalist style and color scheme of the operating system is now, Black with Red, Black and red.
- Advanced Interaction - Features are implemented to turn off the screen when the device is upside down or inside pocket to save battery.
- Features of the camera - A timer for taking photographs is added, Taking panoramic photos (works correctly) is implemented, The option to record in 720p at 30 fps and 60 is added, HDR takes is suggested when conditions require.
- Smart Search
- Design changes in the Music Player - Emphasis to focus button makes the player and part of them is hidden the scroll.
- Design change in controls and buttons - The controls and buttons worked and acquire a more gentle view looking design for a minimalist style.
- The reaction rate is significantly improved - The system minimizes and maximizes application almost instantly giving a more pleasant browsing experience.
In any case, these changes are residing in a VERY EARLY build of 10.3, and it is to be noted that changes could significantly change before this reaches carriers or official availability . Previous builds of 10.2 and 10.2.1 had camera refinements in them but upon official release, they were ommited. Maybe this OS will finally help BlackBerry makes a comeback! What do you all think?