BBM has received an update in the BlackBerry Beta Zone and if you're a member of the Beta Zone and you are lucky enough to have received the update you can get the latest beta for BBM for your phone. I've received reports that it hasn't been working all that well or not at all for some people.
If you have the update, here is what you can expect in terms of updates:
- A new “Add Contact” screen that allows you to add new contacts from a suggested list or by sending an email to them.
- The Scan Barcode Screen has been given a new look
There are some issues as well with the BBM Beta Zone version for BlackBerry:
- Glympse sent during out of coverage is received as expired after user turns on WiFi.
- Classic - After selecting a tab, User can’t precisely and easily move up and down to highlight items using trackpad.
- Classic - User is unable to scroll through the Voice chat toolbar in the Voice chat UI using the trackpad.
- Classic - User can’t easily scroll using trackpad in the chat history area containing a long message history, sometimes automatic scrolling happens even without the use of trackpad.
If you were lucky enough to get the beta invite, please let us know what you think of it in the comments below.