RIM has been hard at work in preparing for the BlackBerry 10 Store, as this month they have just released features that will help both on the developer and consumer end in App World. Improved Relevance Marketing Meta-Data will be something that will give you more control over your product meta-data. This means you'll be able to provide specific meta-data to each platform all under the same product in App World. For example, if a user has a PlayBook and a OS 7 device, they'll be able to see specific pictures and information for those individual platforms. And it will all still be under a single SKU, so it won't hurt an apps popularity rating. Check out the overview of features below:
What marketing meta-data can I supply under a single product SKU?
- A product description specific to each platform and in multiple languages
- Screenshots specific to each platform
Additionally, starting in January 2013, product ratings and reviews will be filtered by platform. This means that a user with a BlackBerry 10 device will see ratings and reviews pertinent to a BlackBerry® 10 device only. Furthermore, the following improvements will be included:
- Keywords will be specific to each platform and can be detailed in multiple languages
- The feature image will be specific to each platform
Why use these new features?
- You will keep your current installed base when customers upgrade to a BlackBerry® 10 Smartphone
- You will acquire new customers by increasing the relevance of your product offer and by allowing for social discovery of your product across BlackBerry® 10, BlackBerry® PlayBook™, BBOS 7, 6 and 5