Accuweather for BlackBerry has finally been updated. This update (v1.3) brings support for OS7 devices. This was my favorite weather app when I had my BlackBerry Bold 9780. I'm quite excited to see it available now for my 9900, but with several other BlackBerry 7 weather apps being launched weeks ago, I'm not sure if many will revert to this app.
AccuWeather for BlackBerry includes:
- Local forecasts for all global locations. Updated every hour, forecasts include twelve hours of accurate, localized forecasts along with twelve days of detailed, day-by-day, weather forecasts and information – all available in English, French, Italian, German, or Spanish.
- AccuWeather trademarked WeatherAlarms™ display on days forecasted for high amounts of snow, ice, rain, wind, and thunderstorms.
- Push alerts for severe weather watches and warnings (U.S. only), such as snow and ice, rain and thunderstorms, high winds, and tornadoes. With push alerts, users receive an automatic notice that there is a severe weather alert for the last location searched for in the application. Users have the option of selecting a quiet time for warnings choosing whether the phone is quiet, makes an audible tone, illuminates, or vibrates when alerted.
- Users can customize which current weather conditions are displayed including wind and wind gust speed, wind direction, humidity percentages, UV index, visibility, pressure, dew point, and cloud cover.
- Users can choose to receive a daily weather forecast in their message inbox and/or a five-day forecast integrated in your calendar.
- Multiple weather views including videos, and zoomable animated radar and satellite with Bing maps.
- Special weather information for travelers, including a hotel finder and airport travel delay notices.
- Special lifestyle weather and health forecasts, such as conditions for specific outdoor activities and sports, including lawn mowing, dog walking, and golfing, and health-related weather forecasts, such as UV forecasts and weather conditions for people suffering from allergies.
- Customizable, continually updated Snapshot View with the ability to access a range of features in one easy-to-access display screen, including current conditions and weather warnings for up to 20 of your saved locations.
- Option of choosing between metric or English units.
- Colorful and easy-to-use interface for a simple and intuitive navigation.