Back in January, when I first received my BlackBerry Z10
device at the launch event in NYC, I was disappointed to hear that there weren't any screen protectors available at that time. The first thought that crossed my mind was, when would ZAGG be coming out with one?
I've had the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD HD screen protector on my Z10 for about a month now, and I'm plenty ready to give you my list of pros and cons:
1. The screen protector sticks very well to the device. No edges have lifted up.
2. Installation is easy.
3. Doesn't get micro scratches due to self healing soft structure.
4. Has a nice smooth feel to it for swiping and gestures.
5. Great long lasting protection.
6. Free lifetime replacement warranty.
1. When any little amount of pressure is applied to the soft screen structure (key, fingernail, ect), an indentation appears and doesn't disappear for a few days.
2. Although this screen protector is advertised as HD (high definition for more advanced clarity), it still could use improvement in that category.
3. Expensive at $19.99. But that is mostly because of the lifetime warranty and materials used.
Tips for installing:
When installing, be sure not to push too hard on the screen protector, or you'll end up with marks that won't go away. Press gently. Just enough so that the excess liquid can escape. Any tiny bubbles left over just leave alone. They will likely disappear within a week. Also, don't be afraid to drench the screen protector with the liquid spray provided before applying it to the screen. The wetter, the better.
Out of a score of 1 to 10, I give the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD screen protector an 8.5. If it wasn't so soft as to cause the minor indenting that happens so often, then I could see giving it a 9. So beware when you put your phone in the same place as your keys, or anything with blunt edges.
The soft screen structure does offer a self-healing quality, and most of the little dents will eventually go away. It just happens too often.
However, let's say that your screen does come into contact with a hard enough scratch to cause a deep wound, I could see the ZAGG screen protector holding up to it without issue.
Do you use a ZAGG screen protector for your BlackBerry Z10? Let us know what you think in the comments below!