Here a few things you should know when it comes to setting up a new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, as well as where to learn more about your device!
Getting to know your device
When you first unbox the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, use the image above to help identify various features and functions on your new device.
Inserting a SIM card, battery & media card
To insert your SIM card, battery or media card, you’ll need to remove the battery door. To do this, gently pry up from the speaker port then work along the seam. Note that the door is flexible, so when you are removing it, it may bend.
The location of the SIM card slot depends on your which model BlackBerry 10 smartphone you have. To insert the SIM, slide it into place based as shown in the images below.
Similar to the SIM card, the location of the media card depends on which BlackBerry 10 smartphone you have. Following the images below, insert your media card (unless one is already installed).
After inserting your SIM and media card, the next step is to insert the battery as shown in the images above.
Set up your device
The first time your BlackBerry Z10 starts up, the Setup app opens. The Setup app needs a network connection, so make sure your device is connected to a mobile network or you have access to a Wi-Fi network.
The Setup app prompts you to enter an existing BlackBerry ID or create a new one. If you are not sure whether you already have a BlackBerry ID, visit www.blackberry.com/blackberryid on your computer. If you can’t remember your BlackBerry ID password, check out our blog post on how to reset your BlackBerry ID password.
You can use the Setup app to:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Add your email accounts, BBM and social networking accounts
- Set up your payment options for purchases you make from the BlackBerry World storefront
- Transfer data from a BlackBerry 7 smartphone (for transferring from earlier model BlackBerry smartphones, use BlackBerry Link as described below)
- Customize and personalize your device settings
- Watch tutorials or open the Help app to learn more about BlackBerry 10
After the initial setup process is completed, you can always access the Setup app again by tapping the Setup icon on the Home screen (3rd panel on the application grid).
Transferring information to your new smartphone
You can easily transfer information from your previous BlackBerry smartphone to your new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone. To transfer information between BlackBerry smartphones, you can use the BlackBerry Link software on your computer or you can use a media card.
- Upgrading from BlackBerry 5 or BlackBerry 6 smartphone? You can use BlackBerry Link on a computer to switch smartphones. For information, click here.
- Upgrading from BlackBerry 7 smartphone? You can use a media card to switch smartphones or BlackBerry Link as an alternative. For information, click here.
Tip: Not sure which version of BlackBerry OS you are currently using? If so, check out our blog post on how to identify BlackBerry Device Software versions.
For more information on switching devices, visit www.blackberry.com/deviceswitch.
Gestures & the Help App
After getting set up, you should become familiar with the various gestures in BlackBerry 10. For a visual overview, check out the BlackBerry Z10 How To Demos Touch Screen Gestures Overview.
As mentioned earlier, accessing the Help app is a quick and easy way to learn more about the features and functions built in your smartphone. After accessing the Help app and reviewing the contents, you can tap on Support to get one-touch access to several useful sites, such as the BlackBerry Support Community Forums where you can meet and interact with thousands of other BlackBerry customers.
Source: InsideBB HelpBlog