How to unlock BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
BlackBerry Bold (9930/9900) Unlock Code Entry Instructions
Before getting started, you'll need to purchase a unlock code from the BlackBerryOS Unlock Store.
1. Insert not accepted SIM card in your phone (SIM card that is not of your carrier).
2. Turn your BlackBerry handset on. This will prompt you (enter network mep code) to enter the unlock code.
3. Once you enter the unlock code, your BlackBerry will be unlocked.
1. Turn off all of the wireless connections (manage connections - turn all connections off)
2. Go to Options
3. Select Device
4. Select Advanced System Settings (at the bottom of the page)
5. Select Sim Card
6. Enter mepd (you will not be able to see the typed info)
7. Now enter the following while holding down ALT... mep2
8. Now it will say enter network mep code
9. Enter the unlock code given to you.
10. Your Bold 9900/9930 is now unlocked!
11. Reboot device... go to manage connections... click on 'restore connections'.
Unlocking Blackberry Bold 9900 / 9930 Pros / Cons
Unlocking your Blackberry bold 9900 / 9930 will make your Blackberry available for use with carriers other then the original carrier that sold your Blackberry Bold 9900 / 9930.
Originally Posted by panco469
- it's very simple to unlock a Blackberry Bold 9900 / 9930 and it can be done remotely
- There are instant unlocking services that can provide you with unlock codes in minutes.
- You will be able to use your Blackberry with SIM cards from many GSM carriers.
- Your Blackberry will stay unlocked if you will wipe it or reinstall your Blackberry OS, only needed to be unlocked once.
- It's good for people who want to travel and use sim cards from many carriers, very easy and saves you some money.
- It's cheap to instantly unlock a Blackberry Bold 9900 / 9930 from any carrier.
- When a SIM card is switched to another carrier you will need to update the service books for the data use.
- On the Verizon Bold 9930 you should dial ##000000 to change the phone number, on Sprint devices another unlocking of the CDMA screen is needed.
Getting your Blackberry Bold 9900 / 9930 unlocked is a must if you want to use it with multiple carriers.
It's very easy and can be done by a 12 years old child.