Trying to unlock a 9530
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Trying to unlock a 9530

  1. #1
    curtcrack88's Avatar
    curtcrack88 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times

    Trying to unlock a 9530

    Im getting rid of a 9530 my friend gave to me to fix and said if I could then I could keep it..I have no use for it and a friend from work would like it to use on Tmobile...is there anyway I can unlock it for free???



    "The foremost art of a king is the ability to endure hatred"
    Blackberry :AR15firing:Competition


  2. #2
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by curtcrack88 View Post
    Im getting rid of a 9530 my friend gave to me to fix and said if I could then I could keep it..I have no use for it and a friend from work would like it to use on Tmobile...is there anyway I can unlock it for free???
    Click on the black box below my sig !


  3. #3
    curtcrack88's Avatar
    curtcrack88 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    Click on the black box below my sig !

    thank you!! this isnt free tho...right?
    Last edited by curtcrack88; 05-03-2010 at 11:41 PM.

    "The foremost art of a king is the ability to endure hatred"
    Blackberry :AR15firing:Competition

  4. #4
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by curtcrack88 View Post
    thank you!! this isnt free tho...right?
    Honestly...I don't know.

    I have never tried to unlock a phone.

    I would try and contact the original carrier...or have your friend who owns it, and see if you can get some assistance there.

    Good luck.


  5. #5
    dbone15's Avatar
    dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NYC
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    1 times
    Only way to get it unlocked for free is to currently be on a vzw account with it and be a customer for more than 6 months I beleive. If your on t-mob or att with it it's already unlocked. Go get one on ebay for $2.99. I got one last week for my 9550.

  6. #6
    Bugly's Avatar
    Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hilltop, TACO-ma, Wash.
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Posts
    353
    Liked
    0 times
    The only other way to get it unlocked for free is to wait until GSMunlocking has another "free unlock" day, or win an unlock through a contest.
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

  7. #7
    curtcrack88's Avatar
    curtcrack88 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys, I put my sim in the phone I wanted to unlock called vzw told em I was goin to Europe and that I was using the phone on a different carriers sim and they unlocked it for me...now to figure out how to send pics from it.....sheesh

    "The foremost art of a king is the ability to endure hatred"
    Blackberry :AR15firing:Competition

  8. #8
    dbone15's Avatar
    dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NYC
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by curtcrack88 View Post
    Thanks guys, I put my sim in the phone I wanted to unlock called vzw told em I was goin to Europe and that I was using the phone on a different carriers sim and they unlocked it for me...now to figure out how to send pics from it.....sheesh
    This should help you enable all features.

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...-t-mobile.html

  9. #9
    curtcrack88's Avatar
    curtcrack88 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    bbos>>>

    thanks for all the help guys

    "The foremost art of a king is the ability to endure hatred"
    Blackberry :AR15firing:Competition

  10. #10
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    You are very welcome. We're glad all worked out for you.



  11. #11
    dbone15's Avatar
    dbone15 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NYC
    PIN
    Bwahahaha!
    Device
    Tour 9630 & Sto
    OS
    Always Changing
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    1 times
    Glad you resolved your issue!

  12. #12
    curtcrack88's Avatar
    curtcrack88 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    hey guys, I got mms working and the browser is appearing but no internet connection, I have to make sure the person does have a bbplan, but I want to make sure...is there a certain radio file that is needed for GSM? It is showing edge instead of EDGE and inside BBM it shows pin:null it isnt working either...any suggestions??

    edit- i changed the browser to Tzones and now the net is working...still working on bbm
    Last edited by curtcrack88; 05-13-2010 at 10:23 AM.

    "The foremost art of a king is the ability to endure hatred"
    Blackberry :AR15firing:Competition

  13. #13
    Crickee's Avatar
    Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fort Defiance, VA
    PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    9800
    OS
    Let me check!
    Posts
    275
    Liked
    0 times
    Did VZW release the PIN? My first S1 was used and I got it to work on Alltel right before VZW took over. It was my first BB and it really was a pain the *** due to all the calls to tech support. I bricked it about 5 days after I purchased it. I remember the PIN was the hardest thing to get released! I also told VZW that I was taking it out of the country, no questions asked!
    Crickee

  14. #14
    curtcrack88's Avatar
    curtcrack88 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    Did VZW release the PIN? My first S1 was used and I got it to work on Alltel right before VZW took over. It was my first BB and it really was a pain the *** due to all the calls to tech support. I bricked it about 5 days after I purchased it. I remember the PIN was the hardest thing to get released! I also told VZW that I was taking it out of the country, no questions asked!
    So I have to call VZW again to have them release the pin????

    "The foremost art of a king is the ability to endure hatred"
    Blackberry :AR15firing:Competition

  15. #15
    teostar's Avatar
    teostar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow teostar On Twitter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jamaica
    Device
    9550
    OS
    1015/latest hybrid
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    9 times
    Yeah. Or put a Sim with bis from another carrier in it. It should register to that network.(releasing the pin).
    Posted via mobile device

  16. #16
    Madasafish's Avatar
    Madasafish is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Madasafish On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    PIN
    suck it...
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    BB10
    Carrier
    3
    Posts
    335
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by curtcrack88 View Post
    hey guys, I got mms working and the browser is appearing but no internet connection, I have to make sure the person does have a bbplan, but I want to make sure...is there a certain radio file that is needed for GSM? It is showing edge instead of EDGE and inside BBM it shows pin:null it isnt working either...any suggestions??

    edit- i changed the browser to Tzones and now the net is working...still working on bbm
    Three things I did for a Verison Storm 2 I fixed last weekend.

    1 - Change the APN, VZN set it up already so delete it or change it
    2 - Chamge the network in Network Settings to GSM. Make sure the CDMA is not selected and ensure 2G and 3G is also selected.
    3 - Obviously unlocked.

  17. #17
    Blackberry Unlocking is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Online
    Device
    Blackberry
    Posts
    88
    Liked
    13 times

    Unlocking Blackberry Storm2

    Remember to update the service book when switching SIM cards / carriers with your unlocked Blackberry Storm2
    Blackberry unlocking
    Unlock Blackberry online

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •