Tour pushing, and re-pushing, and re-pushing

Thread: Tour pushing, and re-pushing, and re-pushing

Jaggrey is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    0 times

Tour pushing, and re-pushing, and re-pushing

I have BIS and my Tour is connected to my Exchange server at work (for email only since I'm not on BES). When I receive an email it comes to my BB, which is fine. If in Outlook I flag it for follow up, mark it as unread, respond to it, or do anything with that email message, it gets pushed to my phone again.

Is there any way to stop this? The BB automatically setup the account; should I put in the settings manually?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I have BIS and my Tour is connected to my Exchange server at work (for email only since I'm not on BES). When I receive an email it comes to my BB, which is fine. If in Outlook I flag it for follow up, mark it as unread, respond to it, or do anything with that email message, it gets pushed to my phone again.

Is there any way to stop this? The BB automatically setup the account; should I put in the settings manually?
    I believe this is from the fact that anytime you mark as unread or follow up it puts it back on the server which would throw it back out to your phone. BES I think would bee the answer sorry

Jaggrey is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow you guys are fast! Ok thanks. Another question tho... would it matter if I resetup the account using IMAP so the BB looks at it as if it's IMAP? With other IMAP accounts I have on here, any changes I make on the desktop client aren't reflected on the device, so why is this the case with the Exchange account?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Wow you guys are fast! Ok thanks. Another question tho... would it matter if I resetup the account using IMAP so the BB looks at it as if it's IMAP? With other IMAP accounts I have on here, any changes I make on the desktop client aren't reflected on the device, so why is this the case with the Exchange account?
    you could try it, and because your exchange account is on a server anytime you make a change it updates on the server which your BIS sees as a new message.