Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Wow...
    That looks like a scientific experiment we did in college back in the day....:fing02:

Congratulations...

Did take some head scratching and some googleing to find the right programs and figure out which ones to use and which ones not to use

Well atleast now i got it to work till the bright sparkshere in south africa at vodacom decide to update the bis servers, think it is still runing on 2.4

Well seems like my happiness was short lived. Vodacom pushes the service books out after awhile and breaks the browser again. Any ideas on how to stop it form download the service books ?

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by w1tw0lf View Post
    Well seems like my happiness was short lived. Vodacom pushes the service books out after awhile and breaks the browser again. Any ideas on how to stop it form download the service books ?
    I have a rough idea but not exactly sure how it would be done. A while back there was a browser hack to enable unlimited file size download from the BB Browser using service books from another carrier. It essentially created another browser on the phone. Maybe you could take that hack and apply to what you've already done to create another browser that doesn't get overwritten.

Download ANY file size via BlackBerry Browser
    Last edited by sunkast; 10-18-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Will play around with it a bit tomorrow. Time for bed now

No luck with that hack, doesnt seem to be working at all. It also seems to be using wap and not bis network.

PIN
    30B53DA3
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Just a thought, you have registered by updating the HRT, right? most new/warranty activations I do, the browser icon doesn't appear until you go to Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Tables and select Register Now from the menu.

Every OS 5 load I've done has worked just fine for browser icons.

edit: it takes a minute to successfully register and get everything pushed back to your phone.

Thanks for the tip but have tried that with no luck as well.

But I did managed to get it to work with the "hack" tried earlier. Instead of att service books, I used a friends service books that is on vodacom bis and all seems to be working 100% so far for the pas 6 hours

Not gona jinx it yet by getting to excited ! :Eyecrazy:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast