Thread: Browser icon missing on 5.0.0.x

w1tw0lf is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    0 times
    Will play around with it a bit tomorrow. Time for bed now

Liked
    0 times
    No luck with that hack, doesnt seem to be working at all. It also seems to be using wap and not bis network.

peeps is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30B53DA3
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Just a thought, you have registered by updating the HRT, right? most new/warranty activations I do, the browser icon doesn't appear until you go to Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Tables and select Register Now from the menu.

Every OS 5 load I've done has worked just fine for browser icons.

edit: it takes a minute to successfully register and get everything pushed back to your phone.
    -Peeps

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the tip but have tried that with no luck as well.

But I did managed to get it to work with the "hack" tried earlier. Instead of att service books, I used a friends service books that is on vodacom bis and all seems to be working 100% so far for the pas 6 hours

Not gona jinx it yet by getting to excited ! :Eyecrazy:

Liked
    0 times
    Think it is time to jump up and down with joy as all is working 100% still aftera couple of days

stefoosh is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow I'm having a somewhat similar issue and could really use your help in undertaking a similar service book hack.

I'm running an unlocked blackberry storm 9550 on Israel's Cellcom service. I set up BIS with Cellcom however as soon as my service was connected the Blackberry browser disappeared. I resent service books and did the Host Routing Table thing plus numerous battery pulls and everytime i do the same thing happens: The browser reappears for literally a second and then its gone again. The Browser shows under installed applications but Browser Configuration under Advanced Options is blank and when i hold down the menu button to show my running apps and try to click on the browser i get the following message "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider." Cellcom is closed until Sunday and while normally i would just wait a few days something else odd happened which makes me think there might be another issue - Upon activation with Cellcom a new icon popped up called "blackberry Help" which clicking on takes me to the blackberry help website and from there I have full access to my BB browser and can use the BB browser normally. Clearly I have the web capability but for some reason my phone is not recognizing the BB browser.

Furthermore, since my phone is WiFi capable shouldn't I at least have a WiFi browser available?

I was able to download both opera mini and Bolt to my phone and both work but I don't like the layout of either and I just want my native BB browser back. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12