Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9530 for work 9550 for play
    OS
    .419 & .320

anyway to fix trackball without voiding warranty while waiting on replacement

Hey everyone,

I need some new ideas on fixing the trackball temporarily until my replacement arrives. I have tried everything imagineable that I could think of...without removing my tamper sticker and actually going into the phone and doing it that way. i have had to do this on a unit already. and don't really look forward to having to go into this phone and outright replacing this ball. However waiting for a replacement and not being able to scroll up is getting far too frustrating.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by TR_82 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I need some new ideas on fixing the trackball temporarily until my replacement arrives. I have tried everything imagineable that I could think of...without removing my tamper sticker and actually going into the phone and doing it that way. i have had to do this on a unit already. and don't really look forward to having to go into this phone and outright replacing this ball. However waiting for a replacement and not being able to scroll up is getting far too frustrating.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    hmm the only thing I can even think of is to turn the sensitivity all the way up if you havent already.. who is your carrier and when did you order your replacement?

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    .419 & .320
    Carrier is Telus, and I have 1-2 weeks left of waiting as everything is on back order....sensitivity is sky high. my trackball feels like it's on speed haha. and sadly it's so shot that I still can't scroll up
    Last edited by TR_82; 10-16-2009 at 09:44 AM.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Carrier is Telus, and I have 1-2 weeks left of waiting as everything is on back order....sensitivity is sky high. my trackball feels like it's on speed haha. and sadly it's so shot that I still can't scroll up
    ok have you tried then turning down the sensitivity?

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    .419 & .320
    tried that as well. also tried cleaning it with alcohol. and an air can. nothing seems to be saving me. any other ideas. I really appreciate the help by way.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    tried that as well. also tried cleaning it with alcohol. and an air can. nothing seems to be saving me. any other ideas. I really appreciate the help by way.
    its not a problem.. I am kind of out of ideas though.. someone I am sure will be through to help

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    .419 & .320
    wonderful!..but I may at some point just pull off my tamper sticker and switch the tracball at this point..

sunkast Guest
    Yeah not much you can do other than to try the alcohol trick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast