1X...wait, 3G!...oh, NVM 1x

Thread: 1X...wait, 3G!...oh, NVM 1x

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times

1X...wait, 3G!...oh, NVM 1x

This cycle continues. As of late I've seen a significant loss of 3G/1XEV coverage on my device. 3G is spotty at best. After talking to Verizon half a dozen times, and installing:

nothing seems to have helped. Defective device? Spotty coverage with the Alltel changeover? Verizon has pushed a hybrid PRL to our berries since day 1, but it's almost impossible to maintain 3G coverage. Any ideas?

***EDIT*** I've reloaded 4.7.1.53 and it seems to be better. SO FAR. LOL at least now I can change OS's in my sleep.
    Last edited by TemperamentalMan; 10-15-2009 at 12:39 AM.

FuzzieBalzonya is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I would go with a radio issue... but is it more than one device? Is it in the same spot, or wherever you go with the phone?
    Running Apps: Tether, QuickLaunch, Addictive Tower Defense, BerryWeather 2.0, BerryBuzz, Druglord Wars, QuickPull, PBA Bowling 2, BuzzOff, eBay, Facebook, BBOS Alert

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzieBalzonya View Post
    I would go with a radio issue... but is it more than one device? Is it in the same spot, or wherever you go with the phone?
    Wherever I may be. It doesn't seem to be particular. I know this sounds ridiculous because I'm having an issue believing it myself, but I've loaded .53 again and no issues. Nearly constant 1XEV connection for over 30 minutes. VERY early but I haven't seen this in over a week.

As much as I change OS's it could have been an installation issue as well. I'm hoping running .53 for a day or two will narrow that down.

FuzzieBalzonya is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    OK. Radio issue, need to replace the device. The best way I can explain it is, if a cell has an issue, it is within the local area, were talking less than 5 miles usually. If it is out side of the boundry, or "cell" than if it is not your radio, then it would be a large scale outage. And that would be fixed in hours, or would be visible in the alert system that VZW reps have.

Phone issue, and i'm almost 100% on it. If they try to argue, restate what i just gave you and the rep can't argue with that. It would have more than likely been explained to them in the same way in training.

FB
    Running Apps: Tether, QuickLaunch, Addictive Tower Defense, BerryWeather 2.0, BerryBuzz, Druglord Wars, QuickPull, PBA Bowling 2, BuzzOff, eBay, Facebook, BBOS Alert

mike_augie is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mike_augie On Twitter
    PIN
    320fba74
    Device
    OS
    6.0 hybird all the way
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    This cycle continues. As of late I've seen a significant loss of 3G/1XEV coverage on my device. 3G is spotty at best. After talking to Verizon half a dozen times, and installing:

nothing seems to have helped. Defective device? Spotty coverage with the Alltel changeover? Verizon has pushed a hybrid PRL to our berries since day 1, but it's almost impossible to maintain 3G coverage. Any ideas?

***EDIT*** I've reloaded 4.7.1.53 and it seems to be better. SO FAR. LOL at least now I can change OS's in my sleep.

I am not with big red , but with sprint , but I can tell you that I was having the same issues but it is just with smart phones, I work with the ambulance service here in Oklahoma , I know that the non smart phones works full strength in my town and the pre and bb all have totally crappy service side by side another non smart phone , I got lucky some how and got ahold of a prl engineer with corp office in Kansas and she was in our area the next week going to Dallas and stopped in and we did some testing together and she went back to Kansas next week and build a special prl for us here at the ambulance service and pushed them out to our phone and now really great serivce , and I do know that big red is having some problems here also but we did not have big red here we has altell so they are trying to get up the new systems in our area ... ? know this does not help u much but maybe a little insight ?

mrmojr1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 1
    OS
    .591 COVERED WITH A "BRID"
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello there welcome to the verizon changeover. I live in nc too, about 1.5 or 2 hours from you. Every since the takeover of alltel ive had constant connection issues. All vzw does is tell me to do *228 and that there towers are not completely fixed yet due to the switchover. A load of crap!!! i just upgraded to my storm about a month ago,love phone but hate service Give me back just alltel (at least i can dream)
    Last edited by mrmojr1; 10-15-2009 at 10:32 AM.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmojr1 View Post
    Hello there welcome to the verizon changeover. I live in nc too, about 1.5 or 2 hours from you. Every since the takeover of alltel ive had constant connection issues. All vzw does is tell me to do *228 and that there towers are not completely fixed yet due to the switchover. A load of crap!!! i just upgraded to my storm about a month ago,love phone but hate service Give me back just alltel (at least i can dream)
    the conversion should be completed by oct 18th in my area(ohio) so your area should be November.. but if you call vzw and tell them you were told by a rep that you need a hybrid prl 65048 they should push it to you and you will once again be happy

peeps is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30B53DA3
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    the conversion should be completed by oct 18th in my area(ohio) so your area should be November.. but if you call vzw and tell them you were told by a rep that you need a hybrid prl 65048 they should push it to you and you will once again be happy
    For the record, the conversion is billing only, switch/system conversion will not take place for a while.

If you have an Alltel number with a Verizon phone, call in and request a Hybrid PRL. They work wonders.
    -Peeps

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by peeps View Post
    For the record, the conversion is billing only, switch/system conversion will not take place for a while.

If you have an Alltel number with a Verizon phone, call in and request a Hybrid PRL. They work wonders.
    We've been on the "hybrid PRL" since day one. Apparently my password to the 3G system had been reset somehow. I opened #000000 and re-entered the password and I've been golden.

mrmojr1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 1
    OS
    .591 COVERED WITH A "BRID"
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks everyone will try and see!!

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by peeps View Post

actually it was a partial network conversion too.. my wifes prl is 51611 and she has 1XEV in alltel area.