Thread: storm user thinking of switching to tour

hvymtlman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

storm user thinking of switching to tour

i'm frustrated with my storm. thinking of switching to the tour. any advice for me? thanks!!

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

I am not sure what your frustrations are with your storm... But I wouldn't give up my big screen! I do have a tour also and I use that for work. Maybe you could tell me what you want your storm to do or think it should do...

rl2k05 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30CA2151
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hvymtlman View Post
    i'm frustrated with my storm. thinking of switching to the tour. any advice for me? thanks!!
    I did and havent looked back since. You just give up the big screen, but I love the Tour. Might switch back to the S2 when it comes out or just added to one of my lines as an upgrade and keep the tour as well.
    Verizon Blackberry Bold (9630)
    O.S. 6.0.0.222

hvymtlman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I want my screen to react to my touch. I can't use my phone when I want to. that's pretty much my only gripe.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    with the new hybrids that are out there, the storm works fantastic. I would not recommend changing, you'd miss the large screen and the typing is something that you can easily get used to.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

wolvrne1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    TO Beans & Rice
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    its a hybrid.. fuel efficient
    Liked
    1 times
    love absolutely love my storm... with the big screen, the new 5.0 OS, the device runs very well. All the problems we experienced when the S1 launched last year are for the most are gone... and really why would you want to go back to the track ball? The click/touch screen is awesome.. Stay with the Storm....

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    I started my BB experience with the Storm. After my second one I replaced it with the Tour and haven't looked back. In all fairness, I did not upgrade the OS. I used the VZW stock OS and couldn't adjust to the issues.

I do miss the larger screen. But, all in all, that's the only thing I miss. I prefer typing on my Tour and it just seems to work. But again, Storm lovers will argue this point.

What are your primary uses for the phone? If it's multimedia (games, videos, web-surfing, etc.) then I would advise you to stick with the Storm you have and upgrade to the Storm 2 if you can. That is not to say the Storm can't be used for business, but IMO the Tour is a much better business phone.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    hvymtlman,

I bought the Storm back in February. I used it until the Pearl Flip launched in June, and then got myself one of them; since I liked it and the Storm was frustrating at times. When 5.0.0.140 leaked for the Storm, I decided to try it; and go back to the Storm for a few days. I never ended up going back to the Flip, aside from sporadic periods of testing (such as when 5.0.0.230 leaked for the Flip). What kept bringing me back to the Storm? The vast expanse of screen. The Tour is sorely lacking in that area, the screen is barely bigger than the Pearl Flip's rotated 90 degrees. I think the Flip is 2.4", the Tour is 2.6"

When the President of the college I work at got a Tour, and I helped set it up; I was immediately glad I stuck with my Storm. The screen was THAT much more limited.

I guess what it boils down to is this.... If the screen was a deciding factor in getting the Storm, the Tour is not the device for you. You might want to wait for the Storm 2 and see if that is less frustrating for you (spend ALOT of in-store time with it)

diabillic is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Its all a matter of preference. I prefer the actual keypad to a touchscreen keyboard, so the Storm wasnt even an option.

RANDYRKELLY is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow RANDYRKELLY On Twitter
    PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diabillic View Post
    Its all a matter of preference. I prefer the actual keypad to a touchscreen keyboard, so the Storm wasnt even an option.
    welcome to

Goldwinger is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hvymtlman View Post
    Well as of today, I'm pretty frustrated. I have a Storm and a Curve and most of the time I'm using the Curve. The Storm OS seems ok, the hardware is a little suspect, may have to get a replacement. The Curve however is starting to need a new trackball, so may replace that. In light of all these issues with my two phones, I went to the Verizon store today to try out a Tour and man was I disappointed with the keyboard. Everything else seemed to be great, but the keyboard was really ackward.

All I can tell you is to go by and try for yourself, I'm glad I did because I would have been really upset if I had ordered a new Tour and found out the keyboard was the way it is. I just didn't like it.

So I'm stuck waiting on the Storm2 to see if I put forth anymore money on a new phone. May just stick with the Curve, it works. It ain't flashy, but it is solid.

Just my two cents, your mileage may vary.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Played with a couple Tours but I would never trade my storm for one. Don't do it! Lol
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    I have a Storm and a Tour. I really really wanted to like my tour but just couldn't give up the Storm. I disliked the keyboard on the Tour, and the trackball and battery door caused a lot of issues for me. In the end I just found myself enjoying my Storm more. But it comes to personal preference. VZW does have a 30 day money back guarantee

OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Liked
    0 times
    I miss the Storm's big screen.