Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

denisl is offline BlackBerryOS Friend

Bluetooth on Tour

Hello, I just switched from the Bold to the Tour (ATT -> Verizon) and also picked myself up a bluetooth. I continually get complaints from people that they cannot hear me and I end up putting the phone to my ear to talk.

I just bought a Plantronics voyager pro - people can hardly hear me
    I just bought a Jawbone Prime - same problem

I have bluetooth built in my car which I used with my Bold all the time, my Tour still has problems with people hearing me.

The complaint is "you sound like your a hundred miles away"

Is this something an OS upgrade may fix? I'm running the standard Verizon 4.7.1.40 OS. I called Verizon and nothing they could do helped me - they told me to bring my phone into a VZ store and let them play with it...

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    I'll see if I can find someone to help you. I've been using my storm for the past month or so and haven't paired with my tour since switching back.

I don't recall any issues with 4.7.1.40 but it's been a while

Thank you - really appreciated. I live on my phone with work and this bluetooth issue is painful!

digdog is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9650/ Droid X/ Droid Incredible
    OS
    I don't have a lot of info. to assist you, but I can tell you that I have not had any issues with my bluetooth on my Vzw Tour. I actually had a lot of problems when I upgraded the OS to 5.0.230. I got so frustrated with the bluetooth problems that I wound up switching back to to the standard OS.

I'm not sure if there are configuration changes that will help or if you just need a different bluetooth. There has to be someone on BBOS that can help you figure out whats, what. This is the best palce for help!!!!

Good luck!!

digdog

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by denisl View Post
    Hello, I just switched from the Bold to the Tour (ATT -> Verizon) and also picked myself up a bluetooth. I continually get complaints from people that they cannot hear me and I end up putting the phone to my ear to talk.

I just bought a Plantronics voyager pro - people can hardly hear me
    I just bought a Jawbone Prime - same problem

I have bluetooth built in my car which I used with my Bold all the time, my Tour still has problems with people hearing me.

The complaint is "you sound like your a hundred miles away"

Is this something an OS upgrade may fix? I'm running the standard Verizon 4.7.1.40 OS. I called Verizon and nothing they could do helped me - they told me to bring my phone into a VZ store and let them play with it...

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    First off welcome to BBOS.

I feel your pain as I had a similar issue with Storm and sort of still do. I also have a Tour and still get complaints like the one you are having but not all the time.

I have found after doing much research on this issue that main culprit is two things, the OS one uses and the hardware itself. I am running 5.0.0.230 and on my Tour and the bluetooth issues for the most part are not there.

The first thing I would try to do is upgrade your OS and see if that helps. If that doesn't I would recommend calling VZW customer service and asking for a replacement phone.

If you need any other help just let u know.

Thanks guys..
    I guess my only options here are to try and upgrade the OS and if that doesn't work then get a replacement phone. I just went to best buy and replaced my plantronics voyager pro (at the suggestion of plantronics support). It's new in the box but I have no reason to believe that will fix it since the issue still exists with the new jawbone and in car bluetooth.

If I do upgrade my os to .230 I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I downgrade back to 4.1.7.40?
    2. Any issues with connecting with my BES server on .230?
    3. Will I need to go through Enterprise Activation after the upgrade?

I think that does it. Thanks!

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by denisl View Post
    Thanks guys..
    I guess my only options here are to try and upgrade the OS and if that doesn't work then get a replacement phone. I just went to best buy and replaced my plantronics voyager pro (at the suggestion of plantronics support). It's new in the box but I have no reason to believe that will fix it since the issue still exists with the new jawbone and in car bluetooth.

If I do upgrade my os to .230 I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I downgrade back to 4.1.7.40?
    2. Any issues with connecting with my BES server on .230?
    3. Will I need to go through Enterprise Activation after the upgrade?

I think that does it. Thanks!
    When I was having my issues I went through a number of Jawbone's as well. It's not the actual bluetooth but some weird OS/hardware issue (on the phone side).

Yes you can downgrade back to .40
    I am not a BES expert but I don't foresee any issues
    After the upgrade you will need to go through Enterprise activation.

ok, thanks. I'll get the OS upgrade this weekend and report back..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast