Earlier tonight on G4 - Attack Of The Show, the Blackberry Tour was featured inside their Gadget Pr0n
section. I was only able to catch the beginning of the show and missed the Gadget Pr0n portion, we were able to get their review off of their site and shows as following :
There's no denying that the ultimate smart phone for the email savvy is the BlackBerry. Kevin Pereira and Olivia Munn review the new BlackBerry Tour with its improved interface, signature RIM keyboard and streamlined design, all for $150 with a contract.
What You Need To Know
- The BlackBerry Tour is like a smaller BlackBerry Bold without the leather back.
- It's a few tenths of an inch shorter and narrower than the Bold.
- The Curve 8900 is still smaller and lighter, but the Tour is a perfect fit for your pocket.
- The 480 x 360 resolution screen is the highest you can get on a Blackberry and looks spectacular.
- The icons, video and pictures are crisp and clear.
- The keyboard is near perfect but not as easy to type on as the Bold.
- It also features the trusty trackball.
- Multi-tasking is also available: just hold down the Menu button to switch between open apps.
- The same features are there and the web browser is still slow and awkward.
- You can download Opera for the Blackberry but it still doesn't compare to the iPhone or Palm Pre. The 3.2 mega pixel camera has a flash and image stabilization, which may explain why it takes so long to take a photo.
- The image quality is only okay.
- The limited 256 mb of memory limits the number of apps you can download.
- The battery life is awesome.
- $150.00 with a contract.
- Totally worth the price as this is one of the best phones you can get on Verizon.
While there is no video at the moment, once we get the video uploaded we will update the post for you guys to watch.