Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times

Help lost my contacts!!!

Hey all... I had my tour in my pocket and when I pulled it out I dont have any contacts anymore in my address book. However if someone was to call me the contact shows up and when I went into the contact options it shows that I have contact entries. Any Ideas?? I was going to do a backup and restore but I am thinking it's a setting and if I backup and restore it will just restore the same way it is right now. I know I can prob. sync to outlook but was wondering if anyone knew another way.

Thanks in Advance

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbizzles View Post
    Hey all... I had my tour in my pocket and when I pulled it out I dont have any contacts anymore in my address book. However if someone was to call me the contact shows up and when I went into the contact options it shows that I have contact entries. Any Ideas?? I was going to do a backup and restore but I am thinking it's a setting and if I backup and restore it will just restore the same way it is right now. I know I can prob. sync to outlook but was wondering if anyone knew another way.

Thanks in Advance
    Did you try a battery pull yet to see if that will correct the issue?

Also what you will want to do is an advanced restore of your contact only. If you do a back up and you have a corrupt data file then you would be backing up that corrupt file.

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Yes I did do a battery pull still no dice. How do I do a advanced restore for contacts only? Didn't know that you could do that. Do I do a regular backup or is there an advanced backup as well?

Liked
    7 times
    Yes I did do a battery pull still no dice. How do I do a advanced restore for contacts only? Didn't know that you could do that. Do I do a regular backup or is there an advanced backup as well?
    When was the last time you did a back up? And to answer your question there is an advanced back up as well.

If you did a back up recently you can use that .ipd file and use an advanced restore to just restore the contacts.

Open up DM
    select backup and restore
    click the advanced tab
    click file and choose open
    then choose your most recent back up file (ipd file)
    scroll down the list on the left and find address book
    those the arrow in the middle of the two screens to move it over to the restore column on the right.

Then restore those to your phone

Liked
    7 times
    Try this suggestion as well Sunkast just sent this to me

Address Book > Filter > Uncheck all categories.

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    I just got this phone 4 days ago it's a company phone. So I have not gotten around to doing a backup just yet. Can I do a regular backup and then do an advanced restore for the contacts? Do you think if something is corrupted that it would restore to my phone when I just choose to do my contacts? Do you know if there is anyway I could reverse this process just on my phone. It's obvious that my pocket was pushing buttons so their has to be a way to do this on my phone I just don't understand how it happened. I usually always lock my phone and the one time I don't this happens go figure..

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

I just got this phone 4 days ago it's a company phone. So I have not gotten around to doing a backup just yet. Can I do a regular backup and then do an advanced restore for the contacts? Do you think if something is corrupted that it would restore to my phone when I just choose to do my contacts? Do you know if there is anyway I could reverse this process just on my phone. It's obvious that my pocket was pushing buttons so their has to be a way to do this on my phone I just don't understand how it happened. I usually always lock my phone and the one time I don't this happens go figure..
    Try the above steps and see if that will fix it first

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

BINGO!!! That was it.. Crazy how my pocket did that but thank you so much Bryan I do appreciate ya.

Liked
    7 times
    BINGO!!! That was it.. Crazy how my pocket did that but thank you so much Bryan I do appreciate ya.
    Glad it worked and don't thank me I always over look the obvious, Sunkast suggested that to me in PM