About to get a Tour, but a question about activation

Thread: About to get a Tour, but a question about activation

Jaggrey is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    0 times

About to get a Tour, but a question about activation

I've been browsing here for a while but this is my first time posting. I plan on getting a Sprint Tour this Thursday. Since my 2nd line is eligible for the rebate, I'm going to purchase the device for that line then swap it to the primary line. They have to activate the phone in the store (Best Buy) along with doing any changes.

Now all this talk about the BB having to be activated with RIMs servers and service books... it's all greek to me. But my question is will I have a problem in having the phone activated on another line, then deactivating it and reactivating it on the line I want it to be on? Will this mess up the registration in any way?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I've been browsing here for a while but this is my first time posting. I plan on getting a Sprint Tour this Thursday. Since my 2nd line is eligible for the rebate, I'm going to purchase the device for that line then swap it to the primary line. They have to activate the phone in the store (Best Buy) along with doing any changes.

Now all this talk about the BB having to be activated with RIMs servers and service books... it's all greek to me. But my question is will I have a problem in having the phone activated on another line, then deactivating it and reactivating it on the line I want it to be on? Will this mess up the registration in any way?
    it shouldnt as long as you dont add any of the email account data to it before you switch it

Jaggrey is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok sweet... thanks! Will I have to do anything on the Sprint Blackberry website, or is that only in regards to email? I'm completely new to BB so I'm not sure how this works.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Ok sweet... thanks! Will I have to do anything on the Sprint Blackberry website, or is that only in regards to email? I'm completely new to BB so I'm not sure how this works.
    that you will have to wait for someone familiar with sprint to help you with let me see if anyone knows

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    BlackBerry Internet Service

go to this site and create an account and here you will add you email accounts and it will push them to your browser.

Once you've set them up click on the send service books and you'll see your email account show up on your device
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps