PRL problems part 2

Thread: PRL problems part 2

Indianmack is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Tour
    OS

Tour running .230..reception got worse!

I know people have had better reception issues from .230 but mine is actually worse!! I love the OS but that's the biggest problem I am having!

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    I assume you updated your PRL and are still having issues? Is it normally good reception areas?

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I assume you updated your PRL and are still having issues? Is it normally good reception areas?

when I try *22899 my phone craps out and cant dial numbers and have to reboor a bunch of times. I called sprint to send me the PRL and they told me to go to sprint.com??????

Hmm let me see if I can find them for you or hopefully one of our members can chime in as well

OK here is what I got through email from Wowthatisrandom <--he is my go to sprint guy

I guess you cannot update your PRL by dialing a number. You have to call *2 and ask them to do a PRL update for you.

He says his reception has been great since running it. So if the PRL doesn't work then he would suggest a complete wipe and re install of the OS.

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    OK here is what I got through email from Wowthatisrandom <--he is my go to sprint guy

I guess you cannot update your PRL by dialing a number. You have to call *2 and ask them to do a PRL update for you.

He says his reception has been great since running it. So if the PRL doesn't work then he would suggest a complete wipe and re install of the OS.

Ok I will call Sprint again. The rep. was lame. Had no idea what I was talking about and said since I have a Blackberry I have to go sprint.com for PRL update?

Jpatterson350 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30CA9FAD
    Device
    9630 Tour (Sprint)
    OS
    Thank you so much for posting this. The *2 fix did it all. You need to call customer service then they will set you phone to update to PRL when you dial *2 after hanging up. I

This made all the difference in the world I have a solid signal now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jpatterson350 View Post
    Thank you so much for posting this. The *2 fix did it all. You need to call customer service then they will set you phone to update to PRL when you dial *2 after hanging up. I

This made all the difference in the world I have a solid signal now!
    Excellent glad to hear it

Device
    Tour
    OS

PRL problems part 2

Ok guys I had a post earlier about PRL problems and I realized this morning that when I do #HELP* I see my PRL version is 0...I did *2 and asked for a PRL update and they said they flagged it and it never downloads...I did not want to tell them I am running OS 5 ....any other ideas?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Indianmack View Post
    Ok guys I had a post earlier about PRL problems and I realized this morning that when I do #HELP* I see my PRL version is 0...I did *2 and asked for a PRL update and they said they flagged it and it never downloads...I did not want to tell them I am running OS 5 ....any other ideas?
    i think after they flag it you have to call back... and anytime you do a battery pull or reset with the 5.0 os it will lose its PRL

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    i think after they flag it you have to call back... and anytime you do a battery pull or reset with the 5.0 os it will lose its PRL
    Thanks I called back after they flagged it but it doesn't take. Just goes through the call like normal.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Indianmack View Post
    Thanks I called back after they flagged it but it doesn't take. Just goes through the call like normal.
    hmmm not sure here