PRL problems part 2
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: PRL problems part 2

  1. #1
    Indianmack is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    41
    Liked
    0 times

    Tour running .230..reception got worse!

    I know people have had better reception issues from .230 but mine is actually worse!! I love the OS but that's the biggest problem I am having!




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    I assume you updated your PRL and are still having issues? Is it normally good reception areas?

  3. #3
    Indianmack is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    41
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I assume you updated your PRL and are still having issues? Is it normally good reception areas?

    when I try *22899 my phone craps out and cant dial numbers and have to reboor a bunch of times. I called sprint to send me the PRL and they told me to go to sprint.com??????

  4. #4
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Hmm let me see if I can find them for you or hopefully one of our members can chime in as well

  5. #5
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    OK here is what I got through email from Wowthatisrandom <--he is my go to sprint guy

    I guess you cannot update your PRL by dialing a number. You have to call *2 and ask them to do a PRL update for you.

    He says his reception has been great since running it. So if the PRL doesn't work then he would suggest a complete wipe and re install of the OS.

  6. #6
    Indianmack is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    41
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    OK here is what I got through email from Wowthatisrandom <--he is my go to sprint guy

    I guess you cannot update your PRL by dialing a number. You have to call *2 and ask them to do a PRL update for you.

    He says his reception has been great since running it. So if the PRL doesn't work then he would suggest a complete wipe and re install of the OS.

    Ok I will call Sprint again. The rep. was lame. Had no idea what I was talking about and said since I have a Blackberry I have to go sprint.com for PRL update?

  7. #7
    Jpatterson350's Avatar
    Jpatterson350 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orange County CA
    PIN
    30CA9FAD
    Device
    9630 Tour (Sprint)
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    52
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you so much for posting this. The *2 fix did it all. You need to call customer service then they will set you phone to update to PRL when you dial *2 after hanging up. I

    This made all the difference in the world I have a solid signal now!

  8. #8
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpatterson350 View Post
    Thank you so much for posting this. The *2 fix did it all. You need to call customer service then they will set you phone to update to PRL when you dial *2 after hanging up. I

    This made all the difference in the world I have a solid signal now!
    Excellent glad to hear it

  9. #9
    Indianmack is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    41
    Liked
    0 times

    PRL problems part 2

    Ok guys I had a post earlier about PRL problems and I realized this morning that when I do #HELP* I see my PRL version is 0...I did *2 and asked for a PRL update and they said they flagged it and it never downloads...I did not want to tell them I am running OS 5 ....any other ideas?

  10. #10
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Indianmack View Post
    Ok guys I had a post earlier about PRL problems and I realized this morning that when I do #HELP* I see my PRL version is 0...I did *2 and asked for a PRL update and they said they flagged it and it never downloads...I did not want to tell them I am running OS 5 ....any other ideas?
    i think after they flag it you have to call back... and anytime you do a battery pull or reset with the 5.0 os it will lose its PRL

  11. #11
    Indianmack is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    41
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    i think after they flag it you have to call back... and anytime you do a battery pull or reset with the 5.0 os it will lose its PRL
    Thanks I called back after they flagged it but it doesn't take. Just goes through the call like normal.

  12. #12
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Indianmack View Post
    Thanks I called back after they flagged it but it doesn't take. Just goes through the call like normal.
    hmmm not sure here

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •