PIN
    320fba74
    Device
    OS
    6.0 hybird all the way
    Liked
    0 times

PRL AND BBSAK .. please help ?

I have a 9630 ..when using bbsak and doing a wipe does it also clear out your current prl .. The reason i am asking is because I have a special one and dont want to lose it I have 5.0.0.230 and want to update to 230/191 I did not lose it when updating it but did not wipe my phone either ? thx and awsome work.... I am with sprint and they are on 60651 in our area and I have 65000 so mine wont catch any further updates for a while ?

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    I don't believe you will lose it unless you have Sprint update it

Just to add I am like 95% sure
    Last edited by Bryan; 09-27-2009 at 10:14 PM.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    I don't believe you will lose it unless you have Sprint update it

Just to add I am like 95% sure
    I think so too. When you update the phone without wiping with BBSAK, the loader actually wipes just the same way. If you watch the update process closely, you will notice a brief flash of "Reload Software" on the screen. I believe it would act exactly same way with wiping and without.

jordan89 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    306f97b9
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Varies
    Liked
    0 times
    The only way to update your PRL is by doing the *228 options.

I worked for VZW customer service so unless sprint is a lot different with their PRL then your fine...because big red trains us that way lol.
    PIN me. I'm bored.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan89 View Post
    The only way to update your PRL is by doing the *228 options.

I worked for VZW customer service so unless sprint is a lot different with their PRL then your fine...because big red trains us that way lol.
    I totally agree with you Jordan...but I believe he is on Sprint and that complicates things a little bit.

PIN
    306f97b9
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Varies
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_augie View Post
    I have a 9630 ..when using bbsak and doing a wipe does it also clear out your current prl .. The reason i am asking is because I have a special one and dont want to lose it I have 5.0.0.230 and want to update to 230/191 I did not lose it when updating it but did not wipe my phone either ? thx and awsome work.... I am with sprint and they are on 60651 in our area and I have 65000 so mine wont catch any further updates for a while ?
    May I ask why you want the PRL to go un-updated?
    PIN me. I'm bored.

mike_augie is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mike_augie On Twitter
    PIN
    320fba74
    Device
    OS
    6.0 hybird all the way
    Liked
    0 times
    for some weird reason while on the current prl where I am located in S.W. Okla it does not let the smart phone use the partner towers very well , and I work as a paramedic and we need to have communication with helicopters and hospitals and other ambulance services and the only way to do that sometimes is with our phones so got lucky and had a prl service tech with sprint come down from Kansas and verify the problem and they made my whole service a special prl .... hope that is not to hard to understand .. been a big pain in the As* .. lol .. can go back to okla,city and have them done if we lose them or have to change phones due to breakage.. it is 2 hours away so try not to mess with it to much as far as prl goes ... but I am the only one in our service that always have to push it .. lol really like 5.0.0.230 but battery has went to crap and want to see if the new 230/191 will change it back to how it was .. thanks all for the help and this site is awesome ..

PIN
    306f97b9
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Varies
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by mike_augie
    for some weird reason while on the current prl where I am located in S.W. Okla it does not let the smart phone use the partner towers very well , and I work as a paramedic and we need to have communication with helicopters and hospitals and other ambulance services and the only way to do that sometimes is with our phones so got lucky and had a prl service tech with sprint come down from Kansas and verify the problem and they made my whole service a special prl .... hope that is not to hard to understand .. been a big pain in the As* .. lol .. can go back to okla,city and have them done if we lose them or have to change phones due to breakage.. it is 2 hours away so try not to mess with it to much as far as prl goes ... but I am the only one in our service that always have to push it .. lol really like 5.0.0.230 but battery has went to crap and want to see if the new 230/191 will change it back to how it was .. thanks all for the help and this site is awesome ..
    I would call sprint. Seems like it is more of a geo-code issue rather the PRL. The only problem being I think the only way to change your geo-code would be to also change your number.
    PIN me. I'm bored.

PIN
    320fba74
    Device
    OS
    6.0 hybird all the way
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

I would call sprint. Seems like it is more of a geo-code issue rather the PRL. The only problem being I think the only way to change your geo-code would be to also change your number.

kk not sure what that means will call my lady in kansas and ask her ?? but just know that on the prl 60651 i get no signal most of the same and no data but on the 65000 I am full strength and fine , just a pain to get back on there having to take phone into store in the city 2 hours away and have it put back .. was just wondering about wiping it with bbsak and if it cleared the prl or not ?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    kk not sure what that means will call my lady in kansas and ask her ?? but just know that on the prl 60651 i get no signal most of the same and no data but on the 65000 I am full strength and fine , just a pain to get back on there having to take phone into store in the city 2 hours away and have it put back .. was just wondering about wiping it with bbsak and if it cleared the prl or not ?
    this is a tough question.. IMHO I would think that any change to the os would reset your PRL.. something else you may want to keep in mind about the .230 os.. everytime you do a batt pull it resets your PRL to 0.. so if this is an issue now I would want to say you may not want to load this until you get your issue resolved as is.. does that make sense?

PIN
    306f97b9
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Varies
    Liked
    0 times
    I dont think it would. PRL is only used for programming and to update radio connections. Should have no effect on PRL. Im going to call one of the Tech support guys I used to work with and ask them.

One question when you make a change to your OS do you dial *228 ever?
    PIN me. I'm bored.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I dont think it would. PRL is only used for programming and to update radio connections. Should have no effect on PRL. Im going to call one of the Tech support guys I used to work with and ask them.

One question when you make a change to your OS do you dial *228 ever?
    yes everytime.. anytime you load a new os if you check your PRL it will be 0 til you reprogram.. it will also erase your SPL lock codes, and all other programing may be intact but may not.. additionally the PRL does reset to 0 everytime I do a batt pull on .230 and it makes a difference for people like me and the op who are outside of the carriers network and using one of the towers they have roaming agreements with.. when I lose the PRL I get horrible signal at home where its an alltel area where normally I have great signal.. and as far as when you under big reds blanket you shouldnt need a PRL.. there are a select few (from all carriers not just VZW) that have this trouble but we are such a small amount that you usually dont hear about it or we chalk it up to a bad build. Like I said for most this will be no problem but for those of us who end up 'outside' the carriers 3G network, this can be a PITA

PIN
    306f97b9
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Varies
    Liked
    0 times
    Well then by dialing the *228 you would lose your PRL--when I changed my OS I never had to dial *228(not really sure why??)

And the reason big red has the PRL is mainly for network updates-they have had a lot of them lately with the Alltel conversion-I update my PRL almost everyother day.

But the good news is when you do change your OS just remember the PRL that you need then call in from a other phone and they can program that PRL to your phone--so there will be no need to travel very far.(Just call into customer service and inform them that you need to do extended prgramming with specfic PRL).
    PIN me. I'm bored.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Well then by dialing the *228 you would lose your PRL--when I changed my OS I never had to dial *228(not really sure why??)

And the reason big red has the PRL is mainly for network updates-they have had a lot of them lately with the Alltel conversion-I update my PRL almost everyother day.

But the good news is when you do change your OS just remember the PRL that you need then call in from a other phone and they can program that PRL to your phone--so there will be no need to travel very far.(Just call into customer service and inform them that you need to do extended prgramming with specfic PRL).

updating your PRL daily is pointless unless there is a new PRL released it does you no good.... and by dialing *228 you will lose your hybrid prl yes... not sure why you are trying so hard to find me wrong on this?

PIN
    320fba74
    Device
    OS
    6.0 hybird all the way
    Liked
    0 times

I am with sprint and if I call regular c.s. they tell me that that prl does not even exist with technically it does not ... lol.. and it cant be pushed to the tour all other smart phones it can but having trouble doing it to the tours for some reason so have to take it to a service center which the closest to me is okc or witchta falls,tx ?

PIN
    306f97b9
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Varies
    Liked
    0 times
    I am with sprint and if I call regular c.s. they tell me that that prl does not even exist with technically it does not ... lol.. and it cant be pushed to the tour all other smart phones it can but having trouble doing it to the tours for some reason so have to take it to a service center which the closest to me is okc or witchta falls,tx ?
    Hmm. Well that blows they can't push that to your tour...let me see if I can find an extended program guide for hybrid PRL.

Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    updating your PRL daily is pointless unless there is a new PRL released it does you no good.... and by dialing *228 you will lose your hybrid prl yes... not sure why you are trying so hard to find me wrong on this?
    Lol. Sorry, Im not trying to come across like that. Your right on your end...but just because he changes his OS doesn't mean that he can't keep his hybrid PRL. From what I understand anyway...I know that most carriers can push hybrid PRLs to phones(but from what he just told me Sprint is having problems with this) Thats all that I was trying to get at lol.

And VZW releases PRLs about every 30-60 days--but me being in an Alltel market there are constant changes being made to the network. I find that my service is better if I do a *228 every 2-3 days.

I think I will just let you guys handle this lol. You seem to know more about this than me.

PIN me. I'm bored.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Hmm. Well that blows they can't push that to your tour...let me see if I can find an extended program guide for hybrid PRL.

Lol. Sorry, Im not trying to come across like that. Your right on your end...but just because he changes his OS doesn't mean that he can't keep his hybrid PRL. From what I understand anyway...I know that most carriers can push hybrid PRLs to phones(but from what he just told me Sprint is having problems with this) Thats all that I was trying to get at lol.

And VZW releases PRLs about every 30-60 days--but me being in an Alltel market there are constant changes being made to the network. I find that my service is better if I do a *228 every 2-3 days.

I think I will just let you guys handle this lol. You seem to know more about this than me.

your fine.. you may have caught me at a bad point today.. dont be afraid to post .. PRL stuff is hard to get