paymentd is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

I need help! So I attempted to install 5.0.0.230 last night and my phone wouldn't let me upgrade from 4.7.1.40 to 5.0.0.230, Desktop Manager and AppLoader both told me that there wasn't software to upgrade to or that the chosen OS wasn't compatible with my device.

So, I bricked my phone with BBSAK, redownloaded manufacturer's OS, deleted vendor file, reloaded. Then attempted to upgrade to 5.0.0.230, but same issue. So finally I just bricked my phone and attempted to put some .alx's and .cod's from the 4.7 that I knew would work for file explorer and what not, but after I loaded the hybrid 5.0.0.230 I rigged, and the phone wouldn't even start.

So finally I just loaded 5.0.0.230, but now the clock, calendar, and file explorer don't work. I can't take pictures and save them or videos.

If someone could give me a bit of direction on how to get my OS to work properly, I'd greatly appreciate it!

-paymentd

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - A. Einstein

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Did you delete the vendor file?
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Yes, I made sure to remove the vendor.xml file after the first time I bricked my phone.

Every upgrade I attempted was after I had removed the vendor file.
    "It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - A. Einstein

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    I know a few times myself and I've seen it on other machines that the vendor file pops up in places its not suppose to be. I would recommend trying a search including the hidden files and folders to see if there is one that itns where its suppose to be.

There are instructions to that here if you need them.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

I will definitely try that. Hopefully iy works! I love 5.0.0.230, but I really wish that I had all of the features working right.

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Ok... I had the same problems with my Tour! Drove me nuts, cause I never have these problems with my storm... Search for that vendor file like Rellims said EVERYWHERE... But that wasn't the fix. I always start there if I have issues. What mattyg had for me for a fix was... Wipe with bbsak a couple of times and then launch loader from there. You have. To have bbsak 1.5 in order to do this though. Worked great and that seems to be the fix with my tour loads!

PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc

Ok... I had the same problems with my Tour! Drove me nuts, cause I never have these problems with my storm... Search for that vendor file like Rellims said EVERYWHERE... But that wasn't the fix. I always start there if I have issues. What mattyg had for me for a fix was... Wipe with bbsak a couple of times and then launch loader from there. You have. To have bbsak 1.5 in order to do this though. Worked great and that seems to be the fix with my tour loads!
    So all you did was wiped your device a few times over and then installed straight to 5.0.0.230?

I will be REALLY excited if you are right.

PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times

I was seriously surprised! NO SHRINK! You have to load from bbsak!

PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Wait, so no shrinking the os at all?

This is so weird, because I messed with a whole bunch of stuff on my storm and didn't have any problems.

Well, I'm going to go for the BBsak multiple times and hopefully that works.

Thanks man! I owe you.

trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Rigging random hybrids doesn't always work well. Try straight .230

PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times

Wipe with bbsak 2-3 times and then launch loader from bbsak... You can shrink but it has to be done after you have loaded the initial OS on your phone... You owe me nothing until it works! Then maybe you'll have an answer for me one day!

PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by trunk
    Wirelessly posted

Rigging random hybrids doesn't always work well. Try straight .230
    Yeah, I didn't seem to have any problems combining 4.7.0.148 with 5.0.0.230 on my storm. I just overlapped the non-working .cods and .alx files with .148 files for the camera, clock and calendar to work.

PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Wipe with bbsak 2-3 times and then launch loader from bbsak... You can shrink but it has to be done after you have loaded the initial OS on your phone... You owe me nothing until it works! Then maybe you'll have an answer for me one day!
    When you say initial OS, you mean 5.0.0.230, right?

PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times

Ya, you have to put .230 on your phone first and then you can shrink it and then go through the loader process with shrink and remove the stuff you don't want! Without putting it on your phone first... Shrink will split the OS and not load all of the core OS! I have yet to figure out why shrink does like 5.0 but it doesn't...

rajones19 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow rajones19 On Twitter
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm not sure reloading the original OS then 'upgrading' to 5.0 is helping any either. Seems the whole point of wiping the device is to get completely rid of the original OS so you can go straight to 5.0. Sure worked good for me. Seems many folks who have had problems have installed it over the top of an existing OS.

PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Alright, well I'm going home to try it now, so wish me luck guys! Ha.

PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

It didn't work.

I wiped my Tour 8 times with bbsak 1.5 prior to trying to load 5.0.0.230.

Back to square one.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paymentd View Post
    Wirelessly posted

I need help! So I attempted to install 5.0.0.230 last night and my phone wouldn't let me upgrade from 4.7.1.40 to 5.0.0.230, Desktop Manager and AppLoader both told me that there wasn't software to upgrade to or that the chosen OS wasn't compatible with my device.

So, I bricked my phone with BBSAK, redownloaded manufacturer's OS, deleted vendor file, reloaded. Then attempted to upgrade to 5.0.0.230, but same issue. So finally I just bricked my phone and attempted to put some .alx's and .cod's from the 4.7 that I knew would work for file explorer and what not, but after I loaded the hybrid 5.0.0.230 I rigged, and the phone wouldn't even start.

So finally I just loaded 5.0.0.230, but now the clock, calendar, and file explorer don't work. I can't take pictures and save them or videos.

If someone could give me a bit of direction on how to get my OS to work properly, I'd greatly appreciate it!

-paymentd
    Quote Originally Posted by paymentd View Post
    Wirelessly posted

It didn't work.

I wiped my Tour 8 times with bbsak 1.5 prior to trying to load 5.0.0.230.

Back to square one.
    I don't see a need to wipe it more than one time. As long as you have the 507 error, you are ready to go to the next step.

Go through this thread, starting at the 4th post which explains exactly what to do: http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html
    Follow it slowly and carefully.

Keep in mind there are some leaked OS's that do not work well on some devices.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--