Yahoo Email Icon for AT&T.net POP3 Acct?

Thread: Yahoo Email Icon for AT&T.net POP3 Acct?

tbcpn is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Liked
    0 times

Yahoo Email Icon for AT&T.net POP3 Acct?

My business partner and his wife both got Tours from Verizon recently (I've had my tour since they first came out). When we did the email setup (their email is thru AT&T as ISP--address is xxx@att.net), the account set up worked just fine and and went very smoothly, but the email icon on the home screen is a Yahoo icon. This happened on both Tours.

I don't believe either of them has set up a xxx@vzw.blackberry.net email account, and both are running .140.

Is there a way to change the email icon to the 'envelope with globe' instead of the Yahoo item?
    Last edited by tbcpn; 09-25-2009 at 11:48 AM.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    My business partner and his wife both got Tours from Verizon recently (I've had my tour since they first came out). When we did the email setup (their email is thru AT&T as ISP--address is xxx@att.net), the account set up worked just fine and and went very smoothly, but the email icon on the home screen is a Yahoo icon. This happened on both Tours.

I don't believe either of them has set up a xxx@vzw.blackberry.net email account.

Is there a way to change the email icon to the 'envelope with globe' instead of the Yahoo item?
    This is an odd one.. i have never heard of... are att and yahoo in a partnership?

Device
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    This is an odd one.. i have never heard of... are att and yahoo in a partnership?
    Dunno. I was wondering if perhaps Verizon had this set up as a deal with Yahoo. Very strange. I did my partner's phone first, and thought I might have selected the Yahoo option my mistake. Sooo, when I set up his wife's Tour, I was very careful--and same thing.

mike_augie is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mike_augie On Twitter
    PIN
    320fba74
    Device
    OS
    6.0 hybird all the way
    Liked
    0 times

yes ATT and yahoo are the same now ..... ATT took over yahoo about a year ago or so ... now all new sbcglobal.net and all but the free yahoo are getting the ATT ending ... so to answer your question I am not sure but the are together , but mine through sprint does not show the yahoo icon ? so not sure with ur carrier ? hope that helps

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    Dunno. I was wondering if perhaps Verizon had this set up as a deal with Yahoo. Very strange. I did my partner's phone first, and thought I might have selected the Yahoo option my mistake. Sooo, when I set up his wife's Tour, I was very careful--and same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_augie View Post
    yes ATT and yahoo are the same now ..... ATT took over yahoo about a year ago or so ... now all new sbcglobal.net and all but the free yahoo are getting the ATT ending ... so to answer your question I am not sure but the are together , but mine through sprint does not show the yahoo icon ? so not sure with ur carrier ? hope that helps
    thank you mike. TBCPN, because their ISP is ATT and ATT and yahoo are now one then it will probably always be the yahoo symbol as that is the ISP and its pushed to the phone this way

Device
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Liked
    0 times
    thank you mike. TBCPN, because their ISP is ATT and ATT and yahoo are now one then it will probably always be the yahoo symbol as that is the ISP and its pushed to the phone this way
    Ok, thanks all. Appreciate the input...and the resolution to the mystery.