Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by pkarr View Post
    Jag,

the beauty of this site, for me so far, is that there's no flaming for sharing. That means a lot. You are just sharing something that is most likely being asked by other visitors or members of the forums. You are definitely applauded for that.

I downloaded it simply because I felt that RIM would not post something unless they really wanted to. Although it does contain "Asia" in the file name, it is a fully English setup. I haven't seen anything foreign whatsoever during and after the setup. The installation of the upgrade went without a hitch and the device is working very well. The neat thing about this is that if it didn't, I just revert back to .40 or .42. No problem. And with the support of this forum, should I come across a problem, these "guys" got my back.

later,

Pat

Pat,
    Thank you for you advice and help.

Jan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"

Jaguarr40 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Alright Jag, Yes it's correct that VZW hasn't released .53 yet. But the Reliance .53 is the same exact OS. As long as you delete the vendor file you will have no problem at all. ONly difference in the VZW will be the vendor file itself. Other than that it doesn't matter. As far as the language, it's an all language installer. It will ask what language you want to install when the installer initiates. If you want .53 there is no reson not to use the Reliance official.

Nate,
    Can you give me 2 piecess of asvice... ojne eis how you delet and where do to you go to do it to delete the vendor file?
    Also if something happens and i want to roll back to .40 how do i do that?

Lastly do I presume I just go to ther main page or rif you will provive me witht the link for reliancee for .53 so i can download it... Do you have the comfidnece in doinf this or wait for more feedback?

Tank you for putting up woth all my questions and last week.

Jan

PS please lett me know these so i can make up my mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by pkarr View Post
    Jag,

the beauty of this site, for me so far, is that there's no flaming for sharing. That means a lot. You are just sharing something that is most likely being asked by other visitors or members of the forums. You are definitely applauded for that.

I downloaded it simply because I felt that RIM would not post something unless they really wanted to. Although it does contain "Asia" in the file name, it is a fully English setup. I haven't seen anything foreign whatsoever during and after the setup. The installation of the upgrade went without a hitch and the device is working very well. The neat thing about this is that if it didn't, I just revert back to .40 or .42. No problem. And with the support of this forum, should I come across a problem, these "guys" got my back.

later,

Pat

Pat, you are very undserstanding and thank you once again for all your advice.

Jan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Nate,
    Can you give me 2 piecess of asvice... ojne eis how you delet and where do to you go to do it to delete the vendor file?
    Also if something happens and i want to roll back to .40 how do i do that?

Lastly do I presume I just go to ther main page or rif you will provive me witht the link for reliancee for .53 so i can download it... Do you have the comfidnece in doinf this or wait for more feedback?

Tank you for putting up woth all my questions and last week.

Jan

PS please lett me know these so i can make up my mind.

The link is right here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...6775D4D60496DA
    Vendor file is in C:Prgram FIles/COmmon Files/Research In Motion/App Loader

I have installed so many different OSs on my Blackberry that is pathetic lol. Just remember to back up your data and apps. If you don't like the .53 release then you can always go back to 40.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

pkarr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Send me a PM for it.
    Device
    9630 Tour - Sprint
    OS
    Irtehuns v7.11 because it rocks
    Liked
    0 times
    Pat, you are very undserstanding and thank you once again for all your advice.

Jan
    You are very welcome. Look forward to seeing you in the threads. :cool2:

Pat

medic14738 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Help

Ok I am lost worse than last years easter egg. As we speak I am downloading 4.7.1.53. But when it finishes then what do I do? And how do I get ride of the Asia thing ya'll discussed?. And is this thing really safe or should I just wait. To be honest I just turn the thing on and use it and so far it has done that but there are some problems and I would hope this fixes them. I did get the BBM 5.0 on here with an OTA thread and love it but I have no clue how to do this. Give me someone in cardiac arrest and I am your guy but get me to work on this BB (my first I might add) and I have no clue.

pkarr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Send me a PM for it.
    Device
    9630 Tour - Sprint
    OS
    Irtehuns v7.11 because it rocks
    Liked
    0 times
    Medic,

you simply install it just like any other upgrade. There is no need to remove anything. Asia, to my understanding, may simply be where the code was developed not that it is an Asian language. I've had to do nothing to make it work "right". It works pretty good. No lockups or software app problems.

Pat

rl2k05 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30CA2151
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Thumbs up All is Well

Just upgraded and it went so smooth! It does run faster! I can do without FB and BBM 5.0. I would recommend it to anyone!
    Verizon Blackberry Bold (9630)
    O.S. 6.0.0.222

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rl2k05 View Post
    Just upgraded and it went so smooth! It does run faster! I can do without FB and BBM 5.0. I would recommend it to anyone!
    Glad to hear it!

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    I just noticed tonight that when I try the wireless update I get the error:

Unable to send request for available updates

This is before a battery pull, after, and in several areas with altering signal strength. .53 glitch? VZW BTW

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    I just noticed tonight that when I try the wireless update I get the error:

Unable to send request for available updates

This is before a battery pull, after, and in several areas with altering signal strength. .53 glitch? VZW BTW
    Could very well be? I just checked on .230 and it went through and checked just fine

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Could very well be? I just checked on .230 and it went through and checked just fine
    I'm trying to fix my USB issues so I can revert back to .230. I'm hoping the steps I've gone through will correct it.

PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Post Kudos and thank yous

I just want to takethetime to to thankeach andeveryone person who helped and took the time to answer my questions I haved had over serveral days to get the right grip on all of this, it means alotto me too much to express.

Bottom line thank you asll guys and gals and hopefully one day I can get you back as I do have vast knowledge on BB and can help ypu all.

This bunch of prople are a crfeative bunch not afraid to help when called on for all all this....TY !@!

The best to all

Jan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    I just want to takethetime to to thankeach andeveryone person who helped and took the time to answer my questions I haved had over serveral days to get the right grip on all of this, it means alotto me too much to express.

Bottom line thank you asll guys and gals and hopefully one day I can get you back as I do have vast knowledge on BB and can help ypu all.

This bunch of prople are a crfeative bunch not afraid to help when called on for all all this....TY !@!

The best to all

Jan
    Aren't they great!!!!!

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    The issue I was having was carried over from BES settings. I wiped/resettofactory with Loader and all is good. I did have to go back to .53 because no matter what I've tried I cannot get the PC to recognize the device on .191/.230. USB charging insufficient. MEH!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123