Tour .191 camera on stock .40 OS?

Thread: Tour .191 camera on stock .40 OS?

mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Tour .191 camera on stock .40 OS?

Hey all, quick question. Is there a way to take the camera COD files from .191 and use them with the base .40 OS? I'm not ready to make the full jump to .191 yet, because alot of the apps I use daily wont work with it. But after spending a day with somebody who had a Tour running .191, I noticed that the camera was amazingly fast.

No matter where you go, there you are

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mule0331 View Post
    Hey all, quick question. Is there a way to take the camera COD files from .191 and use them with the base .40 OS? I'm not ready to make the full jump to .191 yet, because alot of the apps I use daily wont work with it. But after spending a day with somebody who had a Tour running .191, I noticed that the camera was amazingly fast.
    you and stiefler taking pics of each other lol... the only way to know if it works is just to copy out the cods and use crackutil or paste them over the .40 os and then run apploader again

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Yup I do agree with NepperZ, it may work I'm not sure. But I wasn't lying when I told and showed you how the camera worked!

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler View Post
    Yup I do agree with NepperZ, it may work I'm not sure. But I wasn't lying when I told and showed you how the camera worked!
    thats not even right!!! mule i do have to warn you that if its anything like the storm os, this will not work with prior os's ie 5.0.0.191 is not compatible with .140. doesnt seem fair that the camera works for the tour and not the storm lol

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    thats not even right!!! mule i do have to warn you that if its anything like the storm os, this will not work with prior os's ie 5.0.0.191 is not compatible with .140. doesnt seem fair that the camera works for the tour and not the storm lol
    Its like lightning compared to the storms :lmao:

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    you guys may want to run i have alerted Dr.Lou to this thread lol... but IMHO opinion mule its not going to work

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Guys, sorry but I must correct this. The speed of the camera is controlled by the SFI file not the COD's. Therefore, changing the COD files will not increase the speed of the camera.

Remember the camera does not work on the 191. people tried all sorts of different combos with COD files and got nowhere. This is because the SFI controls this. Just want to clear this up so no one is mistaken.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    The camera doesnt work on the .191 for the tour either? whew thought I was losing it

Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Guys, sorry but I must correct this. The speed of the camera is controlled by the SFI file not the COD's. Therefore, changing the COD files will not increase the speed of the camera.

Remember the camera does not work on the 191. people tried all sorts of different combos with COD files and got nowhere. This is because the SFI controls this. Just want to clear this up so no one is mistaken.
    The camera works on .191 on the Tour, not the Storm. But thanks for correcting me, im a bit rusty

louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler View Post
    The camera works on .191 on the Tour, not the Storm. But thanks for correcting me, im a bit rusty
    Rusty or crusty? Sounds like someone had more than a bike ride!
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    The camera doesnt work on the .191 for the tour either? whew thought I was losing it
    It does work, but switching the COD files won't make it snappy like it is with 191.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Actually, it's not so much that it's "not fair" as is makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The Storm and Tour SHOULD be using the same code for the camera app and the camera driver inside of the SFI. The only thing I can think of is that RIM forgot to "sign" the actual camera driver in the .SFI file and thus the hardware is disabled. When the camera app tries to access the camera device, something akin to a "Stop Error" or a "Kernel Panic" occurs and the device reboots.

This may or may not be what's happening, but if it is; at least it makes sense.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    hmm anyone have a suggestion on this.. what if i tried the .191 from the tour sfi and java from the storm... on my storm? i have an extra one

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Actually, it's not so much that it's "not fair" as is makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The Storm and Tour SHOULD be using the same code for the camera app and the camera driver inside of the SFI. The only thing I can think of is that RIM forgot to "sign" the actual camera driver in the .SFI file and thus the hardware is disabled. When the camera app tries to access the camera device, something akin to a "Stop Error" or a "Kernel Panic" occurs and the device reboots.

This may or may not be what's happening, but if it is; at least it makes sense.
    Very good point Dave and I believe as you stated before, this being a development internal to RIM, they may have been testing something else, and disabled the camera on purpose (for all we know). These are why these are leaks and not official releases.

Spector5 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Spector5 On Twitter
    PIN
    HEAD
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    rooted 2.1
    Liked
    1 times
    hmm anyone have a suggestion on this.. what if i tried the .191 from the tour sfi and java from the storm... on my storm? i have an extra one
    I was thinking the same thing...unfortunately,the links for the Tour OS are no longer working...

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spector5 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing...unfortunately,the links for the Tour OS are no longer working...
    I am sure they could be found

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2Q616Z9V if you would like
    Last edited by jnepsa; 09-07-2009 at 09:35 PM.

mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post

Thanks, makes sense.
    No matter where you go, there you are