Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 17

  1. #1
    mule0331's Avatar
    mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595

    Tour .191 camera on stock .40 OS?

    Hey all, quick question. Is there a way to take the camera COD files from .191 and use them with the base .40 OS? I'm not ready to make the full jump to .191 yet, because alot of the apps I use daily wont work with it. But after spending a day with somebody who had a Tour running .191, I noticed that the camera was amazingly fast.




  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by mule0331 View Post
    Hey all, quick question. Is there a way to take the camera COD files from .191 and use them with the base .40 OS? I'm not ready to make the full jump to .191 yet, because alot of the apps I use daily wont work with it. But after spending a day with somebody who had a Tour running .191, I noticed that the camera was amazingly fast.
    you and stiefler taking pics of each other lol... the only way to know if it works is just to copy out the cods and use crackutil or paste them over the .40 os and then run apploader again

  3. #3
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Yup I do agree with NepperZ, it may work I'm not sure. But I wasn't lying when I told and showed you how the camera worked!

  4. #4
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler View Post
    Yup I do agree with NepperZ, it may work I'm not sure. But I wasn't lying when I told and showed you how the camera worked!
    thats not even right!!! mule i do have to warn you that if its anything like the storm os, this will not work with prior os's ie 5.0.0.191 is not compatible with .140. doesnt seem fair that the camera works for the tour and not the storm lol

  5. #5
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    thats not even right!!! mule i do have to warn you that if its anything like the storm os, this will not work with prior os's ie 5.0.0.191 is not compatible with .140. doesnt seem fair that the camera works for the tour and not the storm lol
    Its like lightning compared to the storms :lmao:

  6. #6
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    you guys may want to run i have alerted Dr.Lou to this thread lol... but IMHO opinion mule its not going to work

  7. #7
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Guys, sorry but I must correct this. The speed of the camera is controlled by the SFI file not the COD's. Therefore, changing the COD files will not increase the speed of the camera.

    Remember the camera does not work on the 191. people tried all sorts of different combos with COD files and got nowhere. This is because the SFI controls this. Just want to clear this up so no one is mistaken.

  8. #8
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    The camera doesnt work on the .191 for the tour either? whew thought I was losing it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •