Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 17

  1. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Guys, sorry but I must correct this. The speed of the camera is controlled by the SFI file not the COD's. Therefore, changing the COD files will not increase the speed of the camera.

    Remember the camera does not work on the 191. people tried all sorts of different combos with COD files and got nowhere. This is because the SFI controls this. Just want to clear this up so no one is mistaken.
    The camera works on .191 on the Tour, not the Storm. But thanks for correcting me, im a bit rusty



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler View Post
    The camera works on .191 on the Tour, not the Storm. But thanks for correcting me, im a bit rusty
    Rusty or crusty? Sounds like someone had more than a bike ride!

  3. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    The camera doesnt work on the .191 for the tour either? whew thought I was losing it
    It does work, but switching the COD files won't make it snappy like it is with 191.



  4. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    thats not even right!!! mule i do have to warn you that if its anything like the storm os, this will not work with prior os's ie 5.0.0.191 is not compatible with .140. doesnt seem fair that the camera works for the tour and not the storm lol
    Actually, it's not so much that it's "not fair" as is makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The Storm and Tour SHOULD be using the same code for the camera app and the camera driver inside of the SFI. The only thing I can think of is that RIM forgot to "sign" the actual camera driver in the .SFI file and thus the hardware is disabled. When the camera app tries to access the camera device, something akin to a "Stop Error" or a "Kernel Panic" occurs and the device reboots.

    This may or may not be what's happening, but if it is; at least it makes sense.

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    hmm anyone have a suggestion on this.. what if i tried the .191 from the tour sfi and java from the storm... on my storm? i have an extra one



  6. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Actually, it's not so much that it's "not fair" as is makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. The Storm and Tour SHOULD be using the same code for the camera app and the camera driver inside of the SFI. The only thing I can think of is that RIM forgot to "sign" the actual camera driver in the .SFI file and thus the hardware is disabled. When the camera app tries to access the camera device, something akin to a "Stop Error" or a "Kernel Panic" occurs and the device reboots.

    This may or may not be what's happening, but if it is; at least it makes sense.
    Very good point Dave and I believe as you stated before, this being a development internal to RIM, they may have been testing something else, and disabled the camera on purpose (for all we know). These are why these are leaks and not official releases.

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NY
    PIN
    HEAD
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    rooted 2.1
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    hmm anyone have a suggestion on this.. what if i tried the .191 from the tour sfi and java from the storm... on my storm? i have an extra one
    I was thinking the same thing...unfortunately,the links for the Tour OS are no longer working...

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Spector5 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing...unfortunately,the links for the Tour OS are no longer working...
    I am sure they could be found

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2Q616Z9V if you would like
    Last edited by jnepsa; 09-07-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •