PIN
    Wanna know? Ask.
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Very Sluggish

I've searched the forums to see if anyone else is having the problems I am having with my Tour, but I haven't found much of anything...so I apologize if it's out there, and I missed it.

I have a 9630 with Bell, and have had it since launch, and it's very slow and sluggish. Most times it's great...It's probably the best phone/device I've ever had. But every once in a while, it seems to get tired, and take a minute to do something. (ie. I type out a message of anywhere from 1 sentence, to 20 sentences, and quickly click the trackball twice, and it stops. the message is displayed for up to a whole minute, seemingly doing nothing and totally unresponsive to any buttons I hit. After the minute or so, it closes/sends the message, and I can go about my day) It also happens sometimes when connecting to my bluetooth device in the car(RIM VM605 that I use to play mp3s as well)

So, I was so frustrated by this, I brought the device back to Bell and got them to replace it for me...but this replacement device is doing the exact same thing. I would love a new OS dedicated to fixing this problem, but I am unable to install 5.0 as I'm on a BES and I'm told 5.0 won't work with it quite yet. I'm currently running the stock os, 4.7.1.40. HELP!!!

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    You aren't alone

My first one did the same thing and my second one is better but sometimes still had the "hiccup"

Since installing 5.0 it has gotten better for me. I will say that I found berrybuzz 2.0 to be a major cause of my slow down. Once I deleted that it only did it occasionally and was tolerable.

From what I have heard 4.7.1.42 that is floating around out there seems to fix this issue quite a bit, if not all together

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

+1 on the lag. It's not bad but it's there. I tried .191 and it seemed better but as a telus customer I didn't get a full web browser. So there is hope. It's not you device.

Maybe .42 will leak and we can try that!
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

info[]box1 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Got ballons and they float...!O!
    Device
    {9630} Juicy's Hybrid .230/371/405 R2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

I don't experience any laggs. Well 90% of the time I don't experience lagg. I speak highly of my tour to friend and tell them it seem like it has a heMi under the hood.

Good luck and Happy labor day...
    Device: Blackberry Niagara 9630 16GB EOS: [9630][HYBRID] Juicy 5.0.0.230/371/405 R2
    Birth Certificate___
    Manufactured: 29/08/09
    Handheld Made: Mexico 5