Send me a PM for it.
    Device
    9630 Tour - Sprint
    OS
    Irtehuns v7.11 because it rocks
    Liked
    0 times
    Another update.

Found a cool app for tracking at InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking. Works great on the Tour. The only problem that I had was getting it to lock onto a GPS signal but that was worked out after reading the forums at InstaMapper. You have to disable the GPS-A setup on Tour used with VZW or Sprint. You do this in the settings of the app. Once I did that, it worked great.

If you're not traveling, the software sends out updates every minute. If you are moving faster than 20 miles an hour, the software can send updates as short as 5 seconds. You can change the intervals at your discretion beyond 1 minute.

The tracking website offers a simple mechanism to view the data being sent and you can also share the data with others by the use of a web link generator. You also export to Google Earth.

All in all, this was the app that has responded the best so far. Very cool little app. I'll keep you abreast of any other experiences I have with the software.

later,

Pat

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pkarr View Post
    Another update.

Found a cool app for tracking at InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking. Works great on the Tour. The only problem that I had was getting it to lock onto a GPS signal but that was worked out after reading the forums at InstaMapper. You have to disable the GPS-A setup on Tour used with VZW or Sprint. You do this in the settings of the app. Once I did that, it worked great.

If you're not traveling, the software sends out updates every minute. If you are moving faster than 20 miles an hour, the software can send updates as short as 5 seconds. You can change the intervals at your discretion beyond 1 minute.

The tracking website offers a simple mechanism to view the data being sent and you can also share the data with others by the use of a web link generator. You also export to Google Earth.

All in all, this was the app that has responded the best so far. Very cool little app. I'll keep you abreast of any other experiences I have with the software.

later,

Pat
    Excellent :fing02: sounds like you found a winner. Thanks for keeping us posted.

myka401 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow myka401 On Twitter
    PIN
    30B932A2
    Device
    Bberry, Tour9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

great thanx

i was having trouble too dont know if it was settings tried a bunch of things in settings ,i went where you suggested. very very cool i have to just keep where abouts from gurlfriend lol very accurate and fast and i like the option of sharring with friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Just go to google on the browser and type maps... First one says google maps, then click and next window will ask of you want to dl gmaps 3.0.2... Dl and your set. :fing02:
    I and the public know what all school children learn those to whom evil is done do evil in return....:1244:

cooltech59 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Pain In Neck yup
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Irtehun V-8
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pkarr View Post
    Yes, I have but Google latitude (tracking) is not supported yet on the Tour.
    :1244:If you are on Sprint try the Family Locator, works great. And I have Google Maps and Latitude on my Tour and it works with no problems. Or in App. World do a search for an app called AccuTracking.
    http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...techBanner.jpg
    Seek The Final Victorywned2:

Remember If Someone Helps You Hit The "Thank You" Icon :buttkick:

binghott is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow binghott On Twitter
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    hey, i was also looking for a gps tracking app to use while biking. i found GPSed to be very useful. it lets me create maps of my rides and give me my average and top speed, direction, distance traveled, and all that jazz. and it's free
    Map your tracks and photos, share your position from your mobile | free Mobile GPS Tracking Service
    all i need now is a way to mount my bb to my bike so i can read my speed and see my location.

cooltech59 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Pain In Neck yup
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Irtehun V-8
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Now I'm not an advocate for Google Maps by any means but, I do have it working accurately enough to see where I am in my house... One thing I learned with some of these GPS apps is, they need a little time to settle into your device... If you find one you like with the options you need, stick with it for a while and use it regularly. This will help it get more accurate. MMM.... And make sure all of your permissions are set to allow. I hope this helps and something we have suggested works...
    I am using Google Maps with no issue's. Like you said give it alittle time to "settle in".
    Last edited by cooltech59; 09-29-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...techBanner.jpg
    Seek The Final Victorywned2:

Remember If Someone Helps You Hit The "Thank You" Icon :buttkick:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12