Texting problems?
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Texting problems?

  1. #1
    davebeneteau is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times

    Texting problems?

    Anyone else have any issues regarding people in your contact list not having 10 digit phone numbers entered? I used to be able to text them fine, now i get a message saying they need to have a valid 10 digit phone number entered. If i change their number to include the area code, I still get the same message. If i delete the contact and re-add it, i get the same error... Any thoughts? I am able to send text messages to people that had 10 digit phone numbers entered before the upgrade I think...

    Dave




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davebeneteau View Post
    Anyone else have any issues regarding people in your contact list not having 10 digit phone numbers entered? I used to be able to text them fine, now i get a message saying they need to have a valid 10 digit phone number entered. If i change their number to include the area code, I still get the same message. If i delete the contact and re-add it, i get the same error... Any thoughts? I am able to send text messages to people that had 10 digit phone numbers entered before the upgrade I think...

    Dave
    To be honest no? I am not having this issue at all. Did it start when you upgraded or has it just started recently?

  3. #3
    yourfriendwayned's Avatar
    yourfriendwayned is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow yourfriendwayned On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    396
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    To be honest no? I am not having this issue at all. Did it start when you upgraded or has it just started recently?
    second this...
    Visit www.WJDDesigns.com (Mobile Friendly) for All things Berry,Tech Blogs, and my Recent Theme News!
    Thanks to everyone who has purchased WJD Designs Premium themes YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

  4. #4
    davebeneteau is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    just when i upgraded...

    the actual message is

    "Message sent using invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114"

    thanks for the responces

  5. #5
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    hmm I would honestly say a wipe and re install might be your best option as this is not something I have heard tour users having trouble with who is your carrier?

  6. #6
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davebeneteau View Post
    just when i upgraded...

    the actual message is

    "Message sent using invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114"

    thanks for the responces
    How long has this been going on? and which carrier are you on? I found the following from Sprints site regarding this error


    ALERT:
    If you are not receiving text messages from one specific number, make sure that the sender is not putting a 1 in front of the number. A 1 in front of a phone number when replying or sending a text message will not be delivered to you.

    * Make sure you have text messaging as an add-on with your account. For more information on how to add or check add-ons, go to How do I review plan add-ons online?
    * Check to make sure you have good signal strength.
    * Make sure you have available memory on your phone. Specific instructions might vary by phone. For phone-specific instructions, refer to the user guide that came with your phone. To learn how to acquire the user guide online, go to How do I access the online user guide for my device?
    * Make sure that you were not out of the coverage area or that your phone as been off during the last 72 hours. If you have been outside of the coverage area or if your phone has been off for 72 hours, you may have missed messages. The delivery system can store a maximum of 15 messages for up to 72 hours when a phone is off or outside the coverage area. This limitation is a combination of text, email and/or Yahoo! messaging. Additional messages will be dropped until the stored messages are delivered.
    * Check to make sure that there is not a text messaging block on your account, if you have recently changed the text messaging block, wait 4 hours and try again.
    * There has been no interruption of service for the last 24 hours.

  7. #7
    davebeneteau is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    Im on sprints network. That was good info from the Sprint website, I will try a re-install of the 191 os, and see if that fixes it. Ill also go through my contact list in outlook and update all the numbers there before i upload them to my phone. Maybe that will help.

    none of the numbers have a 1 in front of them... and the ones that had the area code before the upgrade text fine.

    thanks again folks

    Dave

  8. #8
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davebeneteau View Post
    Im on sprints network. That was good info from the Sprint website, I will try a re-install of the 191 os, and see if that fixes it. Ill also go through my contact list in outlook and update all the numbers there before i upload them to my phone. Maybe that will help.

    none of the numbers have a 1 in front of them... and the ones that had the area code before the upgrade text fine.

    thanks again folks

    Dave
    Keep us posted on how it goes

    Yeah the 1 in front shouldn't make a difference as I don't need it

  9. #9
    mindy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    1 times

    Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by davebeneteau View Post
    just when i upgraded...

    the actual message is

    "Message sent using invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114"

    thanks for the responces
    Hey guys I may be wrong but check your message service center number. It may have been altered. When I upgraded my SMStext messages was automatically blocked.

  10. #10
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    Hey guys I may be wrong but check your message service center number. It may have been altered. When I upgraded my SMStext messages was automatically blocked.
    Good info I didn't think of that. Thanks

  11. #11
    davebeneteau is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    where do i check that? Under SMS Text, my Service Center Callback Number appears to be correct. Is that what you meant?

  12. #12
    mindy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    1 times

    hey

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Good info I didn't think of that. Thanks
    Hey Bryan glad to be of help somewhere. I learnt from you guys only.:hail:

  13. #13
    mindy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    1 times

    hi

    Quote Originally Posted by davebeneteau View Post
    where do i check that? Under SMS Text, my Service Center Callback Number appears to be correct. Is that what you meant?
    Ya you have to check that with your carrier. May be it will help.

  14. #14
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    Jaguarr40 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    4.7.1.40
    Posts
    57
    Liked
    0 times

    Post 10 Digit Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by davebeneteau View Post
    just when i upgraded...

    the actual message is

    "Message sent using invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114"

    thanks for the responces
    Stupid question on my part but you left out the dashes?? I am sure you did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"

  15. #15
    davebeneteau is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    update

    I wiped my phone, corrected all the 7 digit phone numbers on outlook contacts to be 10 digit numbers, reinstalled 191, then re-synced the contacts from outlook, and no longer have the problem.

    Thanks for all the help everyone

    Dave

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •