Thread: Texting problems?

davebeneteau is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Texting problems?

Anyone else have any issues regarding people in your contact list not having 10 digit phone numbers entered? I used to be able to text them fine, now i get a message saying they need to have a valid 10 digit phone number entered. If i change their number to include the area code, I still get the same message. If i delete the contact and re-add it, i get the same error... Any thoughts? I am able to send text messages to people that had 10 digit phone numbers entered before the upgrade I think...

Dave

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davebeneteau View Post
    Anyone else have any issues regarding people in your contact list not having 10 digit phone numbers entered? I used to be able to text them fine, now i get a message saying they need to have a valid 10 digit phone number entered. If i change their number to include the area code, I still get the same message. If i delete the contact and re-add it, i get the same error... Any thoughts? I am able to send text messages to people that had 10 digit phone numbers entered before the upgrade I think...

Dave
    To be honest no? I am not having this issue at all. Did it start when you upgraded or has it just started recently?

yourfriendwayned is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow yourfriendwayned On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    To be honest no? I am not having this issue at all. Did it start when you upgraded or has it just started recently?
    second this...
    Visit www.WJDDesigns.com (Mobile Friendly) for All things Berry,Tech Blogs, and my Recent Theme News!
    Thanks to everyone who has purchased WJD Designs Premium themes YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    just when i upgraded...

the actual message is

"Message sent using invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114"

thanks for the responces

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    hmm I would honestly say a wipe and re install might be your best option as this is not something I have heard tour users having trouble with who is your carrier?

Liked
    7 times
    just when i upgraded...

the actual message is

"Message sent using invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114"

thanks for the responces
    How long has this been going on? and which carrier are you on? I found the following from Sprints site regarding this error

ALERT:
    If you are not receiving text messages from one specific number, make sure that the sender is not putting a 1 in front of the number. A 1 in front of a phone number when replying or sending a text message will not be delivered to you.

* Make sure you have text messaging as an add-on with your account. For more information on how to add or check add-ons, go to How do I review plan add-ons online?
    * Check to make sure you have good signal strength.
    * Make sure you have available memory on your phone. Specific instructions might vary by phone. For phone-specific instructions, refer to the user guide that came with your phone. To learn how to acquire the user guide online, go to How do I access the online user guide for my device?
    * Make sure that you were not out of the coverage area or that your phone as been off during the last 72 hours. If you have been outside of the coverage area or if your phone has been off for 72 hours, you may have missed messages. The delivery system can store a maximum of 15 messages for up to 72 hours when a phone is off or outside the coverage area. This limitation is a combination of text, email and/or Yahoo! messaging. Additional messages will be dropped until the stored messages are delivered.
    * Check to make sure that there is not a text messaging block on your account, if you have recently changed the text messaging block, wait 4 hours and try again.
    * There has been no interruption of service for the last 24 hours.

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Im on sprints network. That was good info from the Sprint website, I will try a re-install of the 191 os, and see if that fixes it. Ill also go through my contact list in outlook and update all the numbers there before i upload them to my phone. Maybe that will help.

none of the numbers have a 1 in front of them... and the ones that had the area code before the upgrade text fine.

thanks again folks

Dave

Liked
    7 times
    Im on sprints network. That was good info from the Sprint website, I will try a re-install of the 191 os, and see if that fixes it. Ill also go through my contact list in outlook and update all the numbers there before i upload them to my phone. Maybe that will help.

none of the numbers have a 1 in front of them... and the ones that had the area code before the upgrade text fine.

thanks again folks

Dave
    Keep us posted on how it goes

Yeah the 1 in front shouldn't make a difference as I don't need it

mindy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Hi

just when i upgraded...

the actual message is

thanks for the responces
    Hey guys I may be wrong but check your message service center number. It may have been altered. When I upgraded my SMStext messages was automatically blocked.

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    Hey guys I may be wrong but check your message service center number. It may have been altered. When I upgraded my SMStext messages was automatically blocked.
    Good info I didn't think of that. Thanks

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    where do i check that? Under SMS Text, my Service Center Callback Number appears to be correct. Is that what you meant?

Device
    Torch
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

hey

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Good info I didn't think of that. Thanks
    Hey Bryan glad to be of help somewhere. I learnt from you guys only.:hail:

Device
    Torch
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

hi

where do i check that? Under SMS Text, my Service Center Callback Number appears to be correct. Is that what you meant?
    Ya you have to check that with your carrier. May be it will help.

Jaguarr40 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Post 10 Digit Numbers

just when i upgraded...

the actual message is

thanks for the responces
    Stupid question on my part but you left out the dashes?? I am sure you did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    update

I wiped my phone, corrected all the 7 digit phone numbers on outlook contacts to be 10 digit numbers, reinstalled 191, then re-synced the contacts from outlook, and no longer have the problem.

Thanks for all the help everyone

Dave