Thread: Question.... BBM edition

jprice is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow jprice On Twitter
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question.... BBM edition

So some of you may know I've been trying to install 191 on my Tour without success. Well I went back to 4.7 today at work and everything was running just smooth. I get home today and look down at my berry and notice BBM is gone. It still showed in the App list but there was no icon. I deleted it rebooted redownloaded it and rebooted. Again it was showing in the app list but no icon. So I tried to install the stock 4.7 version. Again same problem shows in the app list but no icon.

Anyone have any ideas??? I really don't want to reinstall the OS as I've done it WAY too many times the past 3 days.

sunkast Guest
    Most of the cases I've heard of BBM showing up as installed, but no icon, have been because the wrong version of BBM was installed. IE: if you are running OS 4.7, you need the version of BBM that is for that OS version.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/h...ota-links.html

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    hmmmm thanks. I'll redownload it in a few mins, but its the same version I've always used.

Jaguarr40 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Post Bbm

Quote Originally Posted by jprice View Post
    So some of you may know I've been trying to install 191 on my Tour without success. Well I went back to 4.7 today at work and everything was running just smooth. I get home today and look down at my berry and notice BBM is gone. It still showed in the App list but there was no icon. I deleted it rebooted redownloaded it and rebooted. Again it was showing in the app list but no icon. So I tried to install the stock 4.7 version. Again same problem shows in the app list but no icon.

Anyone have any ideas??? I really don't want to reinstall the OS as I've done it WAY too many times the past 3 days.

Look under your app screen and make sure you don't have it hidden first of all.
    Also look in the folder where all your apps are like all the messaging apps and make sure it should be there and maybe hidden. Hit the BB button 2 times to see if it is running in the background which it should.

If it is in your application list, the icon is there and you just have it hidden.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    You could try to download the BBM 4.7 app OTA

Copy and paste the link into an email and send it to your device. After receiving the link, select it. Your device should open a download page.
    Download the 4.7 BBM for the tour straight to your device.

This is the 4.7 BBM version for the Tour 4.7 builds

OTA for BBM 4.7 for Tour
    http://82.103.128.118/files/bbm47140/bbm47140.jad

Let us know what you think

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Most of the cases I've heard of BBM showing up as installed, but no icon, have been because the wrong version of BBM was installed. IE: if you are running OS 4.7, you need the version of BBM that is for that OS version.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/h...ota-links.html
    hmmm I redownloaded it from that thread and it seems to be working. Guess I need to update the file on my server.

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Look under your app screen and make sure you don't have it hidden first of all.
    Also look in the folder where all your apps are like all the messaging apps and make sure it should be there and maybe hidden. Hit the BB button 2 times to see if it is running in the background which it should.

If it is in your application list, the icon is there and you just have it hidden.
    no it wasn't hidden, wasn't in a folder (I don't use folders) and it wasn't running. it just wasn't there.

Jaguarr40 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Post Bbm

Quote Originally Posted by jprice View Post
    no it wasn't hidden, wasn't in a folder (I don't use folders) and it wasn't running. it just wasn't there.

I am glad to hear that you were just able to download the correct version of BBM and that I was incorrect but I do see a share of people that don't realize their icons become hidden w/o them knowing they did it. I have done it but anyway like I said, the most important thing is that you are up and running again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"