ruffhunter is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times

Telus Browser with .191?

Wtf is going on with the telus web browser (not the wap the real BIS browser) i've been trying every FAQ to remove and install new service books and everytime it keeps going back to the old wap browser....

Anybody could help me thanks! That's quite annoying!

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffhunter View Post
    Wtf is going on with the telus web browser (not the wap the real BIS browser) i've been trying every FAQ to remove and install new service books and everytime it keeps going back to the old wap browser....

Anybody could help me thanks! That's quite annoying!
    Welcome to BBOS. Here is something different you can try. This will clear ALL of the service books from your device.

1. Connect your phone and launch Desktop Manager
    2. Click on the Backup & Restore tool
    3. Choose the advanced option on the right
    4. You should see your phone's databases on the right hand side
    5. Scroll down and find the Service Book database
    6. Select it and press the Clear button.
    7. Now try resending your service books.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for the tip and yep i already know about that nothing....

Still the F***** WAP browser...

Right now i'm thinking about trying to hybrid only the browser part....

wish me good luck unless you know something else i could try.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for the tip and yep i already know about that nothing....

Still the F***** WAP browser...

Right now i'm thinking about trying to hybrid only the browser part....

wish me good luck unless you know something else i could try.

hey Ruff,

I'm a fellow telus customer. Yeah WAP is as good as it get's with this build. I've exhausted all my telus contacts and no one seems to know how to correct this.

I have 5.0.0.191 on both my tour and storm and I can't get anything other then the WAP. I've tried at&t, Tmo and vzw service books and none of the m work.

This fix used to work on 5.0.0.140 so I'm stumped.

I really like .191 and I'm gonna stick it out for a while but I use opera mini as my browser and the wap is good enough for any OTA's I want so I'm up and running.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    hey Ruff,

I'm a fellow telus customer. Yeah WAP is as good as it get's with this build. I've exhausted all my telus contacts and no one seems to know how to correct this.

I have 5.0.0.191 on both my tour and storm and I can't get anything other then the WAP. I've tried at&t, Tmo and vzw service books and none of the m work.

This fix used to work on 5.0.0.140 so I'm stumped.

I really like .191 and I'm gonna stick it out for a while but I use opera mini as my browser and the wap is good enough for any OTA's I want so I'm up and running.
    I tried everything too and I couldn't figure it out either. I tried everything including the AT&T service book trick and .191 browser wouldn't work either. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Telus needs to design a service book for 9530 5.0 OS.

I even had trouble with the AT&T trick on .140. I could get the browser to work, but then my media player would quit working. If I wanted my media player to work, I would have to wipe my phone and give up my browser.

So I guess I'll just wait patiently until the proper service books are created...

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    well right now guys i just finished having a 2 hours talk with one of my old bud at Telus (i use to work for them) he told me that he needs to ask RIM to re-create my BIS profiles and unlock averything out again... So i'm waiting to see if it will happen really.

He's running .191 too and he's waiting like me so i will keep you pdated on that one.

Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Liked
    0 times
    well right now guys i just finished having a 2 hours talk with one of my old bud at Telus (i use to work for them) he told me that he needs to ask RIM to re-create my BIS profiles and unlock averything out again... So i'm waiting to see if it will happen really.

He's running .191 too and he's waiting like me so i will keep you pdated on that one.
    Nice work!! Keep us posted as I would like to give .191 another try the way it supposed to work!!

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    yep cuz like he told me (and it's me who made him think about it :S) it's still rim that is in charge of the BIS server so he sent a request on my behalf to RIM to make sure that my profiles gets recreated and that the browser is pushed to me automatically, and that every time even if i update os :P i wish it will works.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Alright since i'm waiting i got another idea would it be possible to anyone who's reading this to get the default service books of Telus. Maybe that could help us find the solution faster.

Thanks!

peterpandemonium is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323!
    Liked
    0 times
    I"m on Telus and with the same issue so if there's a solution I'd love to hear about it! Mind you the Wap browser actually seems to do most of what I want it to do. I only use it to quickly check something out and I don't spend a lot of time just surfing the net on there. I might give Opera mini a try one more time and see if I can get used to it. Tried out Bolt but didn't care for it and who knows when we'll see Skyfire for Storm! :hail:

Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    here's a link for you to try. It's hit and miss though like ruff suggested it sounds like a rim needs to give the CANADIAN CARRIERS some service book love

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...0-0-140-a.html

read post number 8

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/a...7&d=1237319913

http://www.brettwyman.com/blackberry...rvicebooks.zip

here's the ota link for opera mini ; http://mini.opera.com/mini.jad?rnd=2...el=4&cert=none

here's a handy link as well ; http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/t...ps-tricks.html
    Last edited by smcoldbb; 09-01-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Alright guys the service books that I tried are default telus one but the prob is that everytime the device register with the network it gets deleted so we officially need that RIM updates our service books so now I'm still waiting.... Today will be THE DAY so if by noon nothing I will check back again with my buddy over at telus to pass this request as a priority one :P

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Alright I got the confirmation that RIM need to give us some service books update so we will have to wait for that for now on I recommand you guys to use opera mini or bolt if you wanna browse the net. One more point it's because telus is not even testing any os higher than .140 so we will be fucked for some times... Unless they update us pretty soon. My bud told me that if they can get the update we should be able to get the same level of service book like VZW or ATT so let's pray all together and keep your finger crossed :P

Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530)

Quote Originally Posted by ruffhunter
    Wirelessly posted

Alright I got the confirmation that RIM need to give us some service books update so we will have to wait for that for now on I recommand you guys to use opera mini or bolt if you wanna browse the net. One more point it's because telus is not even testing any os higher than .140 so we will be fucked for some times... Unless they update us pretty soon. My bud told me that if they can get the update we should be able to get the same level of service book like VZW or ATT so let's pray all together and keep your finger crossed :P
    Nice work!

Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

:hail: :hail: :hail: I'm doing the special service book / rain dance. :hail: :hail:

Where's our canadian service book love!!!

glockguy is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Here's a question....

Is there anyway to say load 4.7.x on the phone, save the service books and load them once 5.x is back on the phone?

Or will that not work anyways, because once the device is registered, it would get deleted?

Just a thought

I just spent the better part of the past hour on the phone w/ lvl III tech support from Telus. The only outcome was that he made a note on my account that my warranty may not be valid because I put .191 on the phone.....

Thanks.....dick
    Last edited by glockguy; 09-14-2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: more

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    the way to try that would be to get 4.7 on the phone send the service books then open DM, go backup/restore>advanced>select only servicebooks from the right side>transfer it by clicking the left facing << and then at the top of the left box click file... save>save as whatever you want as long as it .ipd..

then load the 5.0 os.. DM>backup/restore>advanced>over the left box file>open>find the one you saved>highlight the service books on the left and click the >> to restore them to the phone.

Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    the way to try that would be to get 4.7 on the phone send the service books then open DM, go backup/restore>advanced>select only servicebooks from the right side>transfer it by clicking the left facing << and then at the top of the left box click file... save>save as whatever you want as long as it .ipd..

then load the 5.0 os.. DM>backup/restore>advanced>over the left box file>open>find the one you saved>highlight the service books on the left and click the >> to restore them to the phone.
    K...

I am going to try that as soon as I get back to my PC. I am pretty sure that is going to work.

I had full browser the last two times I put .191 back on the phone, but I was restoring from a 4.7 back up....

I will let you know how it goes

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy View Post
    K...

I am going to try that as soon as I get back to my PC. I am pretty sure that is going to work.

I had full browser the last two times I put .191 back on the phone, but I was restoring from a 4.7 back up....

I will let you know how it goes
    yep let us konw.. hey just incase dont forget to send your service books before you back up the 4.7

Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    yep let us konw.. hey just incase dont forget to send your service books before you back up the 4.7
    yup....i am going to do the full meal deal....all my contacts, calendar, everything.....basically make my phone fully functional on 4.7, back it up, then put .191 on

then restore the 4.7 settings on top of 5.0
    Last edited by glockguy; 09-14-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast