Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

ruffhunter is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid

Telus Browser with .191?

Wtf is going on with the telus web browser (not the wap the real BIS browser) i've been trying every FAQ to remove and install new service books and everytime it keeps going back to the old wap browser....

Anybody could help me thanks! That's quite annoying!

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffhunter View Post
    Wtf is going on with the telus web browser (not the wap the real BIS browser) i've been trying every FAQ to remove and install new service books and everytime it keeps going back to the old wap browser....

Anybody could help me thanks! That's quite annoying!
    Welcome to BBOS. Here is something different you can try. This will clear ALL of the service books from your device.

1. Connect your phone and launch Desktop Manager
    2. Click on the Backup & Restore tool
    3. Choose the advanced option on the right
    4. You should see your phone's databases on the right hand side
    5. Scroll down and find the Service Book database
    6. Select it and press the Clear button.
    7. Now try resending your service books.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    thanks for the tip and yep i already know about that nothing....

Still the F***** WAP browser...

Right now i'm thinking about trying to hybrid only the browser part....

wish me good luck unless you know something else i could try.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    thanks for the tip and yep i already know about that nothing....

Still the F***** WAP browser...

Right now i'm thinking about trying to hybrid only the browser part....

wish me good luck unless you know something else i could try.

hey Ruff,

I'm a fellow telus customer. Yeah WAP is as good as it get's with this build. I've exhausted all my telus contacts and no one seems to know how to correct this.

I have 5.0.0.191 on both my tour and storm and I can't get anything other then the WAP. I've tried at&t, Tmo and vzw service books and none of the m work.

This fix used to work on 5.0.0.140 so I'm stumped.

I really like .191 and I'm gonna stick it out for a while but I use opera mini as my browser and the wap is good enough for any OTA's I want so I'm up and running.

mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    hey Ruff,

I'm a fellow telus customer. Yeah WAP is as good as it get's with this build. I've exhausted all my telus contacts and no one seems to know how to correct this.

I have 5.0.0.191 on both my tour and storm and I can't get anything other then the WAP. I've tried at&t, Tmo and vzw service books and none of the m work.

This fix used to work on 5.0.0.140 so I'm stumped.

I really like .191 and I'm gonna stick it out for a while but I use opera mini as my browser and the wap is good enough for any OTA's I want so I'm up and running.
    I tried everything too and I couldn't figure it out either. I tried everything including the AT&T service book trick and .191 browser wouldn't work either. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Telus needs to design a service book for 9530 5.0 OS.

I even had trouble with the AT&T trick on .140. I could get the browser to work, but then my media player would quit working. If I wanted my media player to work, I would have to wipe my phone and give up my browser.

So I guess I'll just wait patiently until the proper service books are created...

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    well right now guys i just finished having a 2 hours talk with one of my old bud at Telus (i use to work for them) he told me that he needs to ask RIM to re-create my BIS profiles and unlock averything out again... So i'm waiting to see if it will happen really.

He's running .191 too and he's waiting like me so i will keep you pdated on that one.

mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    well right now guys i just finished having a 2 hours talk with one of my old bud at Telus (i use to work for them) he told me that he needs to ask RIM to re-create my BIS profiles and unlock averything out again... So i'm waiting to see if it will happen really.

He's running .191 too and he's waiting like me so i will keep you pdated on that one.
    Nice work!! Keep us posted as I would like to give .191 another try the way it supposed to work!!

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    yep cuz like he told me (and it's me who made him think about it :S) it's still rim that is in charge of the BIS server so he sent a request on my behalf to RIM to make sure that my profiles gets recreated and that the browser is pushed to me automatically, and that every time even if i update os :P i wish it will works.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast