Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    the way to try that would be to get 4.7 on the phone send the service books then open DM, go backup/restore>advanced>select only servicebooks from the right side>transfer it by clicking the left facing << and then at the top of the left box click file... save>save as whatever you want as long as it .ipd..

then load the 5.0 os.. DM>backup/restore>advanced>over the left box file>open>find the one you saved>highlight the service books on the left and click the >> to restore them to the phone.

glockguy is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    the way to try that would be to get 4.7 on the phone send the service books then open DM, go backup/restore>advanced>select only servicebooks from the right side>transfer it by clicking the left facing << and then at the top of the left box click file... save>save as whatever you want as long as it .ipd..

then load the 5.0 os.. DM>backup/restore>advanced>over the left box file>open>find the one you saved>highlight the service books on the left and click the >> to restore them to the phone.
    K...

I am going to try that as soon as I get back to my PC. I am pretty sure that is going to work.

I had full browser the last two times I put .191 back on the phone, but I was restoring from a 4.7 back up....

I will let you know how it goes

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy View Post
    K...

I am going to try that as soon as I get back to my PC. I am pretty sure that is going to work.

I had full browser the last two times I put .191 back on the phone, but I was restoring from a 4.7 back up....

I will let you know how it goes
    yep let us konw.. hey just incase dont forget to send your service books before you back up the 4.7

Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    yep let us konw.. hey just incase dont forget to send your service books before you back up the 4.7
    yup....i am going to do the full meal deal....all my contacts, calendar, everything.....basically make my phone fully functional on 4.7, back it up, then put .191 on

then restore the 4.7 settings on top of 5.0
    Last edited by glockguy; 09-14-2009 at 03:26 PM.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy View Post
    yup....i am going to do the full meal deal....all my contacts, calendar, everything.....basically make my phone fully functional on 4.7, back it up, then put .191 on

then restore the 4.7 settings on top of 5.0
    you may want to be nice and do a separate of jsut the service books that you could share with others

Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    you may want to be nice and do a separate of jsut the service books that you could share with others
    Yup! I will do that for sure!

Maybe you can do a shout out and ask other Telus guys to do that too....

It'll be awhile before I can get back to my PC....

I am curious if this is going to work....I have a feeling it will sort out the issues...

Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    One more question...

When I do a wipe of my phone, it says its a "Low Level Wipe"....is that the way it should be?

Then, when I download the .191 software off of here, and then delete the vendor.xml file, why does the phone still boot with the Telus screen? Should it not be unbranded at that point in time?

Or does that have to do with the vendor setting in the Engineering screen?

Perhaps if we changed the vendor id to say vzw, then dl'ed the vzw service books....

Just a thought

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

Haha that's a loaded question. Ever notice it will also still ask you if want to replace with an older os if your coming off 5.0 to a 4.7

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast