Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

ruffhunter is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Alright since i'm waiting i got another idea would it be possible to anyone who's reading this to get the default service books of Telus. Maybe that could help us find the solution faster.

Thanks!

peterpandemonium is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323!
    I"m on Telus and with the same issue so if there's a solution I'd love to hear about it! Mind you the Wap browser actually seems to do most of what I want it to do. I only use it to quickly check something out and I don't spend a lot of time just surfing the net on there. I might give Opera mini a try one more time and see if I can get used to it. Tried out Bolt but didn't care for it and who knows when we'll see Skyfire for Storm! :hail:

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    here's a link for you to try. It's hit and miss though like ruff suggested it sounds like a rim needs to give the CANADIAN CARRIERS some service book love

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...0-0-140-a.html

read post number 8

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/a...7&d=1237319913

http://www.brettwyman.com/blackberry...rvicebooks.zip

here's the ota link for opera mini ; http://mini.opera.com/mini.jad?rnd=2...el=4&cert=none

here's a handy link as well ; http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/t...ps-tricks.html
    Last edited by smcoldbb; 09-01-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Wirelessly posted

Alright guys the service books that I tried are default telus one but the prob is that everytime the device register with the network it gets deleted so we officially need that RIM updates our service books so now I'm still waiting.... Today will be THE DAY so if by noon nothing I will check back again with my buddy over at telus to pass this request as a priority one :P

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.122 Hybrid
    Wirelessly posted

Alright I got the confirmation that RIM need to give us some service books update so we will have to wait for that for now on I recommand you guys to use opera mini or bolt if you wanna browse the net. One more point it's because telus is not even testing any os higher than .140 so we will be fucked for some times... Unless they update us pretty soon. My bud told me that if they can get the update we should be able to get the same level of service book like VZW or ATT so let's pray all together and keep your finger crossed :P

mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530)

Quote Originally Posted by ruffhunter
    Wirelessly posted

Alright I got the confirmation that RIM need to give us some service books update so we will have to wait for that for now on I recommand you guys to use opera mini or bolt if you wanna browse the net. One more point it's because telus is not even testing any os higher than .140 so we will be fucked for some times... Unless they update us pretty soon. My bud told me that if they can get the update we should be able to get the same level of service book like VZW or ATT so let's pray all together and keep your finger crossed :P
    Nice work!

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

:hail: :hail: :hail: I'm doing the special service book / rain dance. :hail: :hail:

Where's our canadian service book love!!!

glockguy is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Here's a question....

Is there anyway to say load 4.7.x on the phone, save the service books and load them once 5.x is back on the phone?

Or will that not work anyways, because once the device is registered, it would get deleted?

Just a thought

I just spent the better part of the past hour on the phone w/ lvl III tech support from Telus. The only outcome was that he made a note on my account that my warranty may not be valid because I put .191 on the phone.....

Thanks.....dick
    Last edited by glockguy; 09-14-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: more

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast